anybody else doing the great manchester run this year?

lora_dora

Apr 3, 2007
Manchester

Hi my name is Laura and I'm doing the great manchester run 2007! Training is going well... i can tell as my legs hurt lots!!! :eek: My mum and I are running for the alzheimers society as my grandad (her dad) has recently been diagnosed with alzheimers. Just wondered if there was anyone else out there from manchester or Preston that is running this year... if so give me a mail... would be nice to be able to look out for some friendly faces and support on the big day!:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Not running Laura, the knees wouldn`t let me even if I still lived there, but as an ex-Mancunian, Good Luck.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Manchester

Good luck Laura, no links with Manchester and a bit beyond running except, perhaps from housework:) Hope it goes well.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Laura

This the 20th May event?

Not much chance of me running :eek: - but I do support - and friendly face!!!!!! :) And may be able to rally a few others ......

Love, Karen, x

EventsAssistant

Jun 8, 2006
London
Cheer on the Stampeder Team at the BUPA Great Manchester Run!

Hi Karen and everyone,

The Alzheimer's Society has over 100 runners in our Stampeder Team who are running the BUPA Great Manchester Run on 20 May 2007.

These runners are doing a fantastic job training and fundraising and the events team along with Manchester branch will be having a cheering point on the route to shout out support and encouragement to our runners and help them reach the finish. Would you like to join us?

If so, please do email me directly at ltoller@alzheimers.org.uk and I will send you more details nearer to the time.

Best wishes,
Lucy

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hiya Lucy - does this mean I have to go into serious training for shouting???? :D

Clicked on your link - but just a blank email screen - do you just need postal address details?

Love, Karen, x

EventsAssistant

Jun 8, 2006
London
Great Manchester Run

Hi Karen,

Oh yes, warm up exercises for your voice, scales etc!

To send you more details I just need your email address. If you email me at ltoller@alzheimers.org.uk or call 0207 306 0802 then I can take down your details.

We look forward to seeing you on 20th May in Manchester.

Best wishes,
Lucy

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wot no pom poms?????

Dear Lucy - thanks so much for the details - sooooooooooo impressed with the level of organisation - and that's just for the cheering volunteers .... :eek:

Always did do most of my voice training at Old Trafford :) so will just have to change the lyrics to 'Glory, Glory, the Stampeders'???? ;)

Just wanted to send a virtual 'cheer' to everyone in training and everyone behind the organisation for the event ......

Brilliant, well done so far!!!!!

Love Karen ..... x

EventsAssistant

Jun 8, 2006
London
Pom poms are more than welcome!

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we hope the day will be a lot of fun for runners, cheerers and friends and family. If anybody else would like to join us in Manchester on 20th May please do let me know by emailing ltoller@alzheimers.org.uk

As for the cheerleading, I think you've got the cheer down to a tee so now you just need to find some pom poms :)

Best wishes,
Lucy

P.S. Come on the Stampeders! Good luck with final preparations - we know you can do it.