Vulnerable 88 year old missing for 6 days

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sally, thanks for this. I'm so desperately sorry to hear this. Can't summon any solace at all. Just tragic.

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
Oh what terrible news! I feel so sorry for Ann & her family. xx

Hi all

Just to let you know the latest terrible, tragic news: Today a body believed to be that of Gwyn has been found in Hoddesdon, Herts. :(

Here is the link to the latest police update:

http://www.herts.police.uk/hertfordshire_constabulary/latest_news/news_articles/271212_-_2101.aspx

The facebook page had a status a short while ago that just stated that all further updates yould be from Herts Police.

My thoughts are with Ann and her family at this awful time xxx

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi all

Just to let you know the latest terrible, tragic news: Today a body believed to be that of Gwyn has been found in Hoddesdon, Herts. :(

Here is the link to the latest police update:

http://www.herts.police.uk/hertfordshire_constabulary/latest_news/news_articles/271212_-_2101.aspx

The facebook page had a status a short while ago that just stated that all further updates yould be from Herts Police.

My thoughts are with Ann and her family at this awful time xxx

Such sad news. will continue to offer prayers for Ann and her family at this time.

jan1962

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh, I am so very, very sorry.
What an absolutely tragic outcome.

My thoughts to Ann and all of her family.

XXXX Geum.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So so sorry to read this - lets hope he died quickly and peacefully. Poor Ann and her family.

Isn't it time that there was a formal strategy on how to search, where to advertise etc when someone with dementia or other mental health problems that may prevent them making themselves known or asking for help, go missing?

So much effort put in by many but a set routine and structure could maybe prevent future tragedies like this.

Celia

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I agree Celia, there is a police action plan called 'Child Rescue Alert', similar to , Operation Amber in the USA when a child gos missing. It shouldn't, I would have thought been too difficult to put something similar in place for a missing person with dementia.

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
I'm so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with Ann and her family - although I'm glad that at least they have some answers however sad they are.

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Please take down any posters

I see Sallyc has already broken the sad news.

Can I please ask anyone who is displaying a poster or sees one displayed remove it as soon as possible.

Ann thanks everyone for their help & support but asks that the family be allowed to mourn their loss in private.

Holding Ann & her family in my heart, thoughts & prayers. RIP Gwyn

Mo
x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27