Taking a deep breath and off we go.

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Hello Evreyone,

Well SW has just phoned and we have 4 local CH to have a look at this afternoon.

1) Is a bit too far away.
2) Is pretty local and SW said cheap! Hmmm
3) Is expensive and can't very easily be got to (£100 top up a wk.)
4) Half a mile away, from me, in a village where his mother was born and his grandson lives, so thats a nice connection.

4) sounds like best option on paper with excellent CQC survye, but I know from reading other peoples posts on here I need to get in there and have a look.

So, Iv'e got my OH to go with me, and a notebook, with questions at the ready, a good nose for sniffing out if things are going to be OK, or not.

Wish me luck, I feel a bit queezy with nerves.

Jane x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jane,

I hope care home 4 is just what you want. Good luck.

Love

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Having been in your position earlier this year I have an inkling how you are feeling.

My only advice is go with your gut instinct. If it feels right it most probably is and if you feel you could put your own name on their waiting list even better :)

Good Luck. Hope no 4 is really good.

Mo
x

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
According to my neighbour, who is a psychiatric SW, the nose is the best judge of any care facility.
I also hope that CH4 is just right. Fingers and toes crossed for you. X

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Goodness me, your brain must be near to exploding with all the worry and stress. I hope it went well today and you saw somewhere you felt comfortable with. Challenging times for you. Very best wishes,
Gwen x

leedsfan

Apr 1, 2012
Hello everyone, Thanks once again for your support and kind wishes.

Well yesterday was a rollercoaster of emotion as you can imagine. We have decided that CH 4 is right for Dad. It means we will be paying £100 a wk. top up, but this home is really amazing. It wasn't just the facilities and gorgeous views etc, the staff ticked all the boxes for me. We were able to see them 'in action' so to speak, they were attentive, kind but down to earth in a good Yorkshire way.

When I told Dad about it, although a bit appehensive I really think he's looking forward to it, asking about what we needed to pack for him, and I left him yesterday looking through his CD's. I know that was yesterday, and I'm fully expecting a bit of a wobble today and probably Saturday when he moves in.

Going to try and not do my usual storming around today at Dads, will try and keep eveything low key whilst sorting things out.

Just praying that he has a good experience, with some good looking after and company.

Jane x

amicalia

Jul 9, 2011
Sussex
Wishing you luck with this, you sound very sane about it, expecting wobbles and trying to be low-key today, hope it goes OK for you and glad you saw the staff and liked what you saw.