LPA and copies

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
The LPA has just come back and we need to make copies for MIL to sign. Is it just the LPA itself (Part B) that we need to do? Sorry for asking but I just had a quick look on the fact sheet and it didn't say and I'm not up to more web searches or phone calls today.

By the way, I got onto the local council today as MIL has just been awarded the lower level of attendance allowance. When I finally got through to the right person, they seemed to think that she will be exempt from council tax altogether which is good news.:)

scatterbrain

Jan 10, 2008
Berkshire
signing the LPA

I am a bit puzzled by your post. My husband & I have done LPA's in case either of us becomes incapable in the future (having seen how essential it can be from our experience with my Mum). Part B is the section for an independent person to sign to say that the donor understands what they are doing, and that the forms have been filled in properly and signed by the donor, so the person signing part B has to read part A.
If the forms you are using are different from ours please ignore this comment - we downloaded them from the OPG website and they have the reference LPA114(10.11) at the bottom of the first page.
Good luck with it all anyway: there's lots of advice and support on this site - you have come to the right place.

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
Sorry, I got in a bit of a panic and muddle!:) BIL has made the copies (he does have some uses, really) and MIL is just about to start signing them so all is on track.