Struggling to cope right now :(

bepositive

Aug 25, 2012
Hope this helps you

My heart goes out to you.
I had a similar circumstance with my Aunt as with your Mum.
She's in a Home and I don't think she'll ever settle but the 6hr round trip every month and the constant worry despite having carers in 4 times a day wasn't working. She forgot how to use the kettle, oven microwave and Lifeline.
When we visit now ( closer to us) we spend time with HER. QUALITY time as the Americans say. There's no worrying about the laundry, her food and fluid intake of general health- that's the Home's worry! We just visit or take her out for a ride or tea if she's up to it.The nice things.
I have recently been diagnosed with early onset Alzh and am producing a Living Will so that my family know that I would want them to put me into a Home the moment they feel that they can't cope. That's no reflection on anyone as this is such a rotten condition.
I hope that I may have given you some comfort so please DONT feel guilty about it. Use your energy enjoying the time you have left with her.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Dear Jeany,

I have tried 4 times now to pm you since you emptied your message box, its still saying message box full .... im really not ignoring you or the help you have offered.. its just technology is preventing it !!

I will keep trying over the next couple of days..

xxxxx

Hi Fenners I checked with moderator and mines ok it isn't your message box that's full is it ?

Jeany x

Fenners

May 5, 2010
Essex
Hi Jeany,
This is strange ... no my msg box isnt full either !! ive had a few pms, one from the moderators this morning, and ive sent a few too... i am going to try again now.. hope to be successful this time.:rolleyes:xxxxx

Fenners

May 5, 2010
Essex
Be positive: Thank you so much for your kind words.
My heart goes out to you having early onset .... Im sending you lots of love and hugs and thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread

xxx

bepositive

Aug 25, 2012
How's your son doing? Hopefully he will have the professionals to talk to ( things that our children wont say to us).
One of the icons should be a bunch of flowers so that I could send it to you! That way you imagine what flowers, you dont have to find a vase or water them and you dont have to make that decision of when to throw them ( I hate doing that) :D
Dont forget to also look after YOU.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi Fenners, I just wondered how things were going with you and your son, keep posting if you can,

Best Wishes Jeany x