ALZHEIMERS WITH Russell Grant

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Linda

can you pop out and see if Russell is there - we seem to have lost him, temporarily.... during the short blip a few moments ago:eek:

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Grannie G said:
The technology seems overwhelmed. So many people logged in just for you, I was unable to post.

Sorry all, think Grannie G was right!

We've rebooted the server and hopefully it'll be okay now.

Tash

RussellGrant

Mar 27, 2007
www.russellgrant.com
I therefore made it my mission to get involved in every way I can. Considering holding a cricket competition over the summer once again, as we raised a few thousand last time but then the local groups were apathetic, not all just most! And never turned up to bang the drum.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
RussellGrant said:
Craig, hello luv. Yep it changed my life because I realised how many people don't care about us or our loved one. They are apathetic and in, of course, in total denial.

I think that people are sometimes completely freaked out by AD and don't want to think that it has happened to someone they are related to in case it's catching! Also, people don't know how to cope with all the bizarre sides of the illness. That's why TP has been so very helpful in letting people see how other carers cope. There are some really knowledgable people who contribute to TP and lots of emotional support around too.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Yes Russell it was, but I was at Connah's Quay banging the drum there!!

If you do organise anything this summer I will give support from Flintshire.

Linda

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
thanks Russell.
Yes I certainly know that feeling - lots of people seem to avoid the issue/illness, sad isn't it. In fact, often the people you expected to be supportive seem to slip off into the background :(

on the positive side you get to meet ALOT of good people. Mainly carers - well the ones that do the nitty gritty work. They need treating better and to be given more repect in my most humble opinion.

and on another positive side, I've met some fantastic people though the alzhiemers society - hard working and passionate about raising awareness. Lot of fine people on this forum who have become friends over the years....

Kind Regards
Craig

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
RussellGrant said:
Hope I have managed to answer all the questions and apologies if I missed anyone's lovely welcomes and hiyas - I am now getting the hang of it, YIKES!

You'll have to drop in more often Russell :D

Brenda

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Russell, do you realise how many virtual friends you have made today. You organise, we'll support.

Love,

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Russell,

have you maybe three tips you could share that you found useful in your caring role - especially with a loved one who lost their speech?

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Hi Russell,

Perhaps you could share with us some of the things that got you through when you were caring for your grandmother?

:) Tash