peg feed

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I think it's perfectly understandable that your family find it so hard to let go. So far, I think I'm right, the only replies you've had are from people who have come to the opposite conclusion. Yet it is a fact that some people with dementia do have pegs fitted. It would be good to hear from their families.

We don't know a lot about your mum and possibly those making the decision don't know either. You do - and you will know when all the issues have been properly considered whether it is likely that the procedure will be in your mum's interest. It is horrible that such a decision has to be made, and everyone on these forums will be thinking of you, I'm sure.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I know you don`t want her to go CAW and I feel for you. I also don`t want you to have to witness any further suffering for your mother. I`m sure it would have been the reason for the hospital`s decision.

CAW

Mar 4, 2008
Worcs
I should really introduce myself better than my initials. My name is Carol. I will do my best to sleep now although it is hard to. Thank you again.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hello carol. Lovely to meet you. I hope you sleep well tonight, we all deserve a good nights sleep.....

Speak soon
Julia x

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Hello Carol,

I agree, I think we can all understand you don't want to let her go.

Being given the news you just have been is the last thing you want to hear - some of us have been there already; it is always too soon, and you are never ready. Our heads may know what we are seeing or being told is the truth, but our hearts don't want to accept it.

I hope that you have managed to get some sleep, and perhaps you will wake with some level of peace.

Sending you and your Mum peace and strength x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Carol
I am sending you my love
I know this is such a difficult time for you and your family

CAW

Mar 4, 2008
Worcs
Had to resign myself to not being able to get agreement for the peg. Still not sure I agree but what can I do. I'm exhausted. Time is precious I know and I feel like running away forever. Can anyone advise if there are any pre-bereavement services available? Thank you.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I do hope you'll get the help you need Carol. There must be many people reading this thread who've been where you appear to be now, and many of us who know that our time will come. It must be so hard, but I hope you know that so many people are thinking of you.

CAW

Mar 4, 2008
Worcs
Thank you. I do so appreciate the comments and thoughts from the people here. I'd be lost without you all. hopefully one day, I can help others in the way I am being helped through now.

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hello Carol,

my i offer you my support at such a hard time. i cannot begin to imagine what you are going through.

your heart will tell you one thing and your head another. please contact the samaritins as they offer you great support as well as your friends here on TP.

my support and prayers are with you

jan1962

CAW

Mar 4, 2008
Worcs
Thank you Jan. It's a scary journey. Support helps a lot I have discovered.
I am assuming right that your name +1962 is your birth year? It was a good year as that is mine also ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elbazcat