Communication failures do my head in!

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
After much discussion and getting agreement of sister etc - it was agreed that Mum would go to visit another potential day centre, accompanied by a social work assistant, in the hopes we could get her another day fixed up that would reduce her loneliness a little and give her something to enjoy. Agreed that they would notify me of day so that I could sell it to Mum and, obviously, notify agency if it would impact on carers time of visit.

Very nice social work assistant turned up today - no-one had told me, carer had been due in at 8.10 but not arrived until 8.30 and had only been told last night that this was happening. I hadn't been told, agency had been told twice and when she arrived Mum was not washed or had breakfast and they had to be there in half an hour. There was no point in rushing Mum as she would have then become unco-operative and the whole thing would have got off on wrong foot.

Have now given SWA my mobile and asked if she could give me notice and then I will get on to the agency to ensure early carer.

Why can't people communicate? It is a fundamental requisite to ensure things work!

Please don't all laugh at once but my job title is Communications Co-ordinator... maybe I need to go and give them a few lessons...

Grrrr - what a wasted start to the day, hopefully I have pacified Mum by saying it was a surprise I had planned for her but which we will now make happen on another day - but what I don't want is her worrying and stressing about it in advance...:(

Celia

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
These days, with e-mail, texts and mobile phones, there's really no excuse, is there? It's just so frustratingly inefficient.

Nannybus

Dec 21, 2010
When I was working, we were sent on a Communications Course.

Our work piled up whilst we were out for the day, but never mind.

All I can remember about the course was tying knots in skipping ropes!!!!

When we got back to our place of work, we could not get in through the door as the entry system code number had been changed - WE WERE NOT INFORMED PREVIOUSLY. So much for communication - You couldn't make it up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife