Mums Birthday

stef01

Jan 20, 2006
Northern Ireland
Haven't been on this site for a while. Feeling very low and depressed. Went to Mum's grave this morning with flowers as it's her 80th Birthday today. She loved her birthdays. Last week was tough as well with it being Mothers Day. I just hope my Mum isn't suffering anymore. People tell me it gets easier with time but I don't think it ever will.:(

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi stefo1

Sorry you are feeling so low i know how you feel my mum passed away 6th march last year, i visit the grave every week. I know they same time if a great healer i think it is, if i compare how i felt 6 months ago it is dirrerent. But everyone deals with greif diferently, my mum was 62 when she passad over and i strongly believe them who have suffered with this awful illness are no longer suffering its those who are left behind, You take care of yourself and just take one day a t a time

kathy

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
stef01 said:
People tell me it gets easier with time but I don't think it ever will.:(

Dear Stef,

Special days like Mothering Sunday and birthdays are always going to be hard. Losing your mum is still very fresh for you, and it is bound to hurt more.

It will get easier, but the pain will not go away completely. You wouldn't want it to, would you? You need your mum to stay with you.

Some days you will concentrate on the happy memories, but on other days, like today, the grief will take over.

Just go with the grief, and post here whenever you want to. We're always here for you.

Love,

nikita

Jul 31, 2004
whenever i go to my grans grave i get upset its been just over a year, but still have a good cry i would give anything to have the same boring conversation with her or have a hug from her, mothers day was nice as a friend had her baby christened, my own mum was away for the weekend so spent it in the company of small children, a good distraction.