Up date on Harold

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
Harold has a chest infection and temperature Dr was called Monday was a little better today he had numonia last november i was concerned he may get it again he is in bed most day's because of his sore bottom he gets pressure sore easily now the NH is very good but his health has detieriorated this last 6 months his food is pureed and he sleeps much more than he used to .Milly

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It is such a hard time to go though to see the deterioration of someone you have shared your life with. I have to separate out the man who was and the man who is now. I would go mad if I didn't.

xxTinaT

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear this Milly.
Please keep in touch with TP, its good to hear from you and I hope it helps you to share with us even though its sad to read about Harold's deterioration. I know how difficult it is.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sorry to hear this too Milly.
I do hope Harold is being kept as comfortable as possible and Harold is pain free from the pressure sores.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry to hear this news about Harold Milly
Hope you are looking after yourself with as much care as you are looking after Harold.

I hope there is some brighter news for you soon xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Milly,

Thank you so much for the update. It is sad to hear about the deterioration in Harold's general health and we will all be hoping that the infection clears up quickly.

When you last posted you were very busy visiting sick friends as well as Harold. How are things now for you?

Love

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I am sorry to hear about Harold. I hope they are keeping Harold as pain free as possible and on a pressure relief mattress

This is a horrible time for you Please remember to look after yourself ,you are important too!!!

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
Thank you all for your posts i have been a stranger on TP lately Helen my friend i was visiting sadly passed away in February and her husband died 6 weeks later which was a terrible shock he had dementia but was fit and well ,i am still going weekly to see my aunt my uncle had to go in a nursing home .i,m going on holiday in september looking forward to Eastbourne .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry that Harold is poorly Milly. You've had a hard time recently haven't you. I hope your holiday in September does you good. It's nice to see you back on TP - I hope you keep popping in. x

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
Hello Milly, So sorry to read about the loss of your friend Helen. Perhaps when you get to Eastbourne you could take a trip on the miniature railway they have there? On a sunny day you could close your eyes, have a happy thought of Harold and then Helen and let the engine whizz you along! Why not! Have a lovely holiday.

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
Harold was a little better today it was very humid in his room the windows don,t open wide for safety reasons he had a large fan going but still it was to warm i had to keep wakening him to eat his dinner i could have gone to sleep myself tomorrow is supposed to be warmer Milly

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
me too

Milly, my husband Ray also has a chest infection again, he had pneumonia four weeks ago and this infection just hangs on and on. Of course it is winter here in Australia so I guess infections are more common than in your summer.

Ray is very listless, today when I visited him he had balck smudges under his eyes, I think due to the cougihing he is not sleeping well. He is mainly in the waterchair when I gte there now as he has lost the ability to hold himself upright. He is only in it for a couple of hours at a time and then back to bed.

I so agree that I lost the man I married, but still have the man I love.

Sue.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Milly,
Its good to hear that Harold was a little better yesterday. Harold will not be helped by the heat but hopefully the infection is beginning to clear up. I do hope you are looking after yourself as you have had so much to cope with lately.

Sue, I am sorry to hear that Ray has yet another infection. It is so hard so please take care of yourself too.

janetlynn

Jul 22, 2012
England
Hi,

Sorry to hear about Harold. It must be heartbreaking, seeing him like that.
Please look after yourself. This holiday you have planned will do you good. After all you have been through you need some `me` time.

Take care,
Janet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6