Mums had brain haemorage and stroke today

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Smudge,
I am thinking of you and especially your Mum. What a shock for you. Tonight as I go to bed I will be sending best outcomes for you both. Hugs and healing, BE

smudge54

Mar 17, 2012
Its now Sunday...

Saw Mum yesterday....they also said she had a fit and is on drugs to slow down the damage a fit can do to the brain. They mentioned today they will try nasal feeding as shes in such a `deep sleep` dont know what else to call it, she can`t seem to wake. A nurse said when they checked her over her eyes opened slightly then closed and she was moving her left arm (that is the only thing that is moving also with slight lip movement). They need to keep her kidneys working as she is prone to UTI`s. They say the longer she is like this, the worse the outcome. In the past before the dementia she could be most awkward stubborn person you could meet, bring that back please......

Anyone had experience of nasal feedling?

Love to you all XX

Rural Mouse

Aug 5, 2012
Cornwall
Sending you hopeful and healing thoughts Smudge. Keep talking to her, explaining where she is and how she's doing, what's happening. 'Awkward and stubborn' can be Strong and Resilient I am sure you know so don't lose hope, and take the breaks you need for your own strength. Hoping for good news soon.
Lots of love
RM

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
This must be so distressing for you and I'm sending you a big hug.

I hope they keep your mum pain-free and comfortable, I think that is the main thing. And I hope you have some good news soon.

Thinking of you.

smudge54

Mar 17, 2012
Update

I went to see her with my daughter and we were told they have decided not to try nasal feeding to day, posibly tomorrow after consultant has seen her. She appeared to open her eyes slightly, yawned a couple of time, was reaching out with left hand, seemed extra strong on that arm, considering shes right handed and this is the side affected.

Going tomorrow after work... ill let you know the outcome