Laugh, cry or what?

Hun

Jul 16, 2012
West London
Well, I've done it all today. I got up early to get on top of things. I done the housework, he slept. I done the washing, he slept. I done the ironing, he slept. I walked the dog, he slept. I scooped the poop, he slept. I fed the dog, he slept. I prepared the evening meal, he slept. I caught up with the bills, he slept. I sat down in front of the telly at 2.30pm - ah me time at last. Then the freezer exploded! Seems he'd put six cans of coke in the freezer and I hadn't noticed. End of me time. I threatened to kill him, sent him back to bed out of my way. Then I spent the afternoon cleaning up the mess. It was of course the extra freezer housed in the spare bedroom, so I stripped the bed - washing again. Cleaned the walls and ceiling down, sponged the carpet and emptied the whole freezer - housework again. I swore, I shouted, I moaned. I sat down and cried. Then a friend rang the doorbell, she said I should've called her it would've been easier to share the work. Then she told me her husband had managed to shut himself in their garden storage box the previous day. And finally we laughed xxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Good Morning Hun, I would just like to give you a warm welcome to Talking Point, and thank you for sharing your frustrating day with us, that is until I got to the end of your post and really laughed:D Yes always a good idea to share the work if you can:) I hope you have a better day today, and keep posting.

X

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Hun
I dread to think of the mess you had to face , esp after all your hard work

I am glad that your day ended with some laughter

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh my goodness Hun what a day! No wonder you shouted and cried!! I must admit I smiled when I read about your friend's husband! I wonder if she was tempted to leave him there???

I hope to see you back on TP as you'll get loads of help and support here. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Well, Hun, I've learnt something this morning so thank you. I should never put cans of coke in the freezer. I doubt I ever would but I didn't realise you shouldn't - well, never have I actually given it any thought but i certainly won't do it now! The gas I presume!

Just one thing -in view of what happened to your friend's husband, shouldn't you be thinking of buying a garden storage box?! X

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
On days like that, I know it makes you cry, but when it's over and looking back :)

I have laughed at some of the antics Dad got up to, but at the time it was NOT funny ;)

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hun, that made me laugh, ive lost count of the times i felt like shutting MYSELF in the garden shed.