• North America

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • South America

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

Sarah-Anne

Mar 17, 2007
shropshire
Hi I'm from [place deleted]...Shropshire......does anyone ever meet up???

[location deleted by moderator - reason: anyone can see messages on this site, and can also register. It is always safest not to give e-mail address, phone number, place where you live in detail, unless you are absolutely sure you know the person you are addressing is safe. Always try and post any requests for information about dementia in public, where you will get balanced views on the topic.
Brucie]

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianj

From Finland

One day Brucie can add Finland to the list. I thought I might add a photo of how it was in my garden this winter which is just over. The town is Nokia which of course is the centre of the mobile phone world ...so all face north east and shout bringgg bringgg

Brianj

winterFinland

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
My mother lived in Penticton for close to 20 years before I brought her to live in Ontario. It is the most beautiful country. Her house was up on a hill with the town below in the centre, Lake Okanagan on the right of the town and Lake Skaha on the left. Picture postcard view.

For those not in Canada, Penticton is a town not too far from Kelowna - maybe an hour's drive.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Canadian Joanne.

Location sounds wonderful. How are you fixed for receiving visitors. Me and 27 members of my immediate family together with the lady next door who has always wanted to visit Canada?

We will bring our own toilet rolls and could smuggle some Marmite past customs.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
the 'Sunny' Essex coast

Our sunny 'Essex' coast may not have the 'lure' of Canada but,

'own toilet rolls and Marmite' will get you through the 'famous'

gates at Frinton any day.:)

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Grommit my darling!!

I'm totally distraught in having to tell you that Penticton is where my mother USED to live in British Columbia. I am in the lovely suburb of Mississauga outside of Toronto - 750,000 strong, complete with gridlock traffic and snarling nasty drivers.

I would be delighted to welcome you and your 27 immediate family members (my, enthusiastic little breeders, aren't you?). You will all be very comfortable in the old mildewy tent in the back garden. Be careful of the skunks and raccoons (I'm not kidding about those - they have become suave urbane urban dwellers). However, I draw the line at the lady next door. One must have one's standards.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Have hired a 27 man dinghy (should have been 28 but as the lady next door is unlikely to want to come now it's only 27).

We shall be setting off from the West coast of Scotland sometime later this year, after we have popped in to see Skye.

I am trying to keep it secret from Skye that there are 27 of us as I don't want her to have to nip out and buy another tin of peas for dinner.

So it's hoist up the yardarm and splice the marlin spike and away to Canada.

RE accommodation - can you not empty the swimming pool for our arrival and arrange for the odd Mountie to be present as I am sure the ladies in the party would be very interested. (It's the red uniforms you know.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Here Grommit will be feasting on "poutine", a delicacy from Québec which consists of chips, curd cheese on top, all smothered in a rich gravy. It's guaranteed to block your arteries.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Joanne:

When Grommit arrives:cool: take him for a meal in Mississauga - we had lovely times there (our daughter lived in an apartment and we visited several times). I feel I know the shopping areas there more than here - and the food!!!!!:) She later lived in Oakville before coming back home.

Jan

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Grommit:

You say mississ as in 'me and the missis'! and then add auga as in 'aga' (oven for cooking).

Best to get over there quick and then you will develop the accent as well.

Best wishes Jan