Dads body found

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Nick,
This shouldn't have happened to your dear Dad. I'm so sorry for you all.
Sending you love and prayers,
Jancis xxx

Tooshie

Apr 28, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
Deepest sympathy Nick.

Grief comes in various forms, and ebbs and flows. Let it all out in whatever way you need to. The next few days will probably feel like you are walking on marshmallows, and you will look back and wonder how you got through - but you will. You will always miss your Father, I've missed mine every day of the last 7+ years, but I wouldn't wish his back on earth to suffer again.

Much love

Tooshie x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Am So Sorry Nick

Hello Nick , Am so sorry to read about your dear Dad & sending all my Love , Sympathy & Comfort in the days & weeks to come for you all ( especially your Mum )

Thinking of you all at such a sad time & take care

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x

P S .....You have every right to feel angry at the moment Nick & hope reading these Post's has given you some small comfort at this sad time

Last edited:

Leonora7

Jul 26, 2010
Basingstoke
So sorry to read the terrible news Nick. May you and your family find peace. Sincerest condolences and wishes for fond memories of your lovely Dad. Jenny.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Nick,

Please accept my sincerest condolences at the loss of your father.

The circumstances are so sad and so tragic.

My thoughts are very much with you, your family and your poor dear mother.

May your dad now rest in peace, xxx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
So sorry for your loss, my thoughts go out to you and your family at this sad time.
Alex x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I am deeply saddened to read your news, a terrible tragedy. Yet relieved the nightmare of not knowing has ended for all of you as it must have been awful. My deepest sympathy, and Iwish you strength to face the difficult days and weeks ahead.

Loo xx

craftyviola

Feb 17, 2012
Malvern
I am so so sorry to hear your news, Nick. What a very tragic end to your father's life and may he rest in peace. My thoughts are with you and your family at this tragic time.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Nick,

Just so very, very sorry that this happened at all, this has been a terrible time for all of you.

Much love to you and your family xxx

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Only just read this but wanted to say how very very sorry I am to hear this news, sending condolences to you, your mum and the rest of your family. Love Pauline xxx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
so sorry

Nick, I am so sorry for what your family has been through. I am glad your Dad's body was finally found. Now you just have to survive through the process that this will cause. I hope you find comfort in family and friends and in all the good wishes your TP friends send you.

Sue.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Nick,
Though I am new to the forum and don't know you, I feel a special connection to you and your mother and your wonderful Dad because of my involvement with Missing Persons when I lived in Ireland.

First off, it is the best news possible that your Dad has been found. I know from countless families that having the body is critical to how you all cope down the road. You have an ending. So this is excellent news and hats off to those who searched - not easy for them either when they are looking for a body and not a survivor. So, good outcome there.

Secondly, I too, add my sincere condolences at the death of your wonderful, loving Dad. Like everyone else on the forum you and your Mum are uppermost in my mind. Take a moment out to hug each other and praise yourselves for coping amazingly for what have been a horrendous three weeks. Your Dad would be so proud of you!

Thirdly, it is brilliant that you kept us all up to speed by posting on the forum. This is a community, and we have experiences in common, and people here genuinely care. I just hope that we can unite to become a tremendous force for change - dementia is going to increase in the next decades, and our experiences today are the departure for 'Enlightened Dementia Care', my coined expression for what has to come if we are to face dementia with compassion and dignity.

With a big hug from France, Big Effort