Not Suffering Anymore

Wordsmith

Feb 11, 2007
www.slashedcanvas.co.uk
I haven’t had a lot to say here for one reason or another.

Sadly, my Dad died on Monday past at 2.00PM. He was very, very weak after 4 weeks of illness.

A serious chest infection just proved too much. My mother and I were there at the end and it was a very traumatic experience, but it’s such a comfort to us now that he’s not suffering anymore. I can't put this into words...

Over the last few months, as I’ve looked through the messages posted here, I’ve been touched and dismayed by the severe trials so many are going through. Forums like this aren’t like hobby-related forums because here there are so many serious issues to deal with. It’s so important. We can learn and share, although I haven’t really shared that much directly. I've found that so very difficult.

Life is so hard to understand. Sometimes we are taken to the very edge of all we have within us to endure.

On the day my Dad was buried my wife, who had breast cancer 3 years ago, discovered a lump on her leg. She goes for tests on Tuesday. So, like so many in this world, we must go on and on through our trials, coping as best we can un til the end comes for us too. I’m so thankful we’re not alone in all of this.

I sincerely hope that those here who have so many heavy burdens will have others at hand to love and care. If not, I know there are those here on the forum who are truly sensitive to the needs of others.

Bye,

Sam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sam,

So much suffering for you.

I`d like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to you and your mother on the death of a dearly loved father and husband.

As you said, You have been unable to post on TP, but I hope you`ve been comforted, just by logging in. Now your dad has peace and you and your mother are left to pick up the pieces.

TP will still be here, should you feel the need.

I sincerely hope the lump on your wife`s leg is not connected to the cancer of 3 years ago.

I wish you well.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sam

I wondered where you'd gone, I appreciated your earlier posts.

I'm so sorry that your father has died. It was good that you and your mum were able to be with him, and as you say, his suffering is now over. I'm sure you'll be caring for your mum now.

I'm so sorry too about your wife. How awful to have discovered the lump on the day your dad was buried. It must have been devastating for you all. I do hope it turns out to be benign, there are so many possible causes for it.

Thinking and praying for you all. Please let us know the results of the test, and please don't feel you have to leave TP. We value the sharing of all experiences.

Love,

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Dear Sam,
so sorry to hear of your loss and of your wifes problems.
You must feel that there is no end to the trials that life is throwing at you at the moment.
Be strong, positive mental attitude is half the battle, and I echo what Skye says, that all experiences can be shared and learned from on TP.

lots of love to you all
Ally xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and your worry over your wifes health...........i wish you the strength to help you through this sad time................... its very tough when life keeps throwing these trials, especially in such a short period.............. i hope the future is much brighter for both you and your wife.

Best wishes
Love Alex x

Irish_Lisa

Feb 24, 2007
N.Ireland
I'm so sorry for your sad loss Sam. I'm thinking of you and yours and hoping that you find some comfort that your dad is no longer suffering. I'll keep your wife in my thoughts also. xx

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Sam
I'm so sorry to hear your news
I'm thinking of you and wish you strength over the coming weeks
Love Wendy x

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
hello sam
don,t really know what to say just felt i had to reply to say sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, i found your silly island article particularly poignant and thank you for sharing it, my thoughts are with you and your wife.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Sam

So sorry to hear about your Dad, but glad he is at peace now, for his sake.

Hope everything is ok with your wife, thinking of you all.

Kathleen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Sam

So sorry to hear your news .....

Your contributions here had quite an impact on me .... I do hope you know that TP remains here for you .....

With much love, Karen, x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read about your father passing away.

I hope that all is ok when your wife go for test on Tuesday xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Sam,
How brutal life can be! Just when you are feeling the tragic loss of your Dad, but also a sense of release that he is no longer suffering, fate decides to throw another arrow at you and your wife. May it prove to be something that is easily cured. And may you both find the strength and courage to keep on keeping on. My thoughts are with you. Nell

Wordsmith

Feb 11, 2007
www.slashedcanvas.co.uk
Thank You

I just don't know where to begin to thank you all for your very kind remarks. I appreciate you taking the time.

I know so many of you are suffering too.

I’ve just been trying to express some of what I have been through personally to my daughter who lives in Scotland.

In a hard, cruel world it's really good to know that we can find kindness and thoughtfulness. Along with loved ones here at home, this solidarity gives me hope to press on through all the problems that lie ahead.

Best regards

Sam