My story in today's Sun

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Hi everyone!
My story about being a carer to both parents one after the other, who both developed Alzheimer's is in today's copy of The Sun newspaper, page 38.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Do you know if it's in the online version?

Incidentally, I've moved this thread to Raising Awareness as that is the most appropriate forum for it.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Itried without any success on internet
would like to read your article
Where's JPGI he can ferret anything out
jimbo 111

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Hi everyone!
My story about being a carer to both parents one after the other, who both developed Alzheimer's is in today's copy of The Sun newspaper, page 38.

I have just noticed in you profile that you are the Jackie McGregor who compiled the wonderful book in 2011 titled
" They can't take that away from me"
The book is a collection of memories that tells the story of music that coloured the lives of so many celebrities (foreword by Dame Vera Lynn)
Many members will not be aware of this book
It really is a smashing read
It is now available on Amazon Kindle books

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Cant-Take-That-ebook/dp/B005FR1TTY

The original book was published by

http://www.accentpress.co.uk/results.html?keyword=they+can't+take+that+away+from+me

And the Alzheimer’s Soc write up
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...can't+take+that+away+from+me+jackie+Mc+gregor

I hope you don’t mind me putting this on , but like the many others who bought the book at the time I found it a fascinating read I also bought copies for my sons
and I am sure more members would appreciate reading it

Jimbo 111

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Itried without any success on internet
would like to read your article
Where's JPGI he can ferret anything out
jimbo 111

Sorry, Jimbo - nobody can ferret out this one yet. :cool:

The Sun tells me the article is not available online - so I've asked The Sun whether it could be made available online. No promises yet from The Sun though. I've asked The Irish Sun the same question. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
The Sun

Hi Guys!

Yes it's me Jackie, at it again. Still pushing to get sales for the book, then I can pass all the money I make on to The Alz Society.

Thank you for being so helpful and putting links up, how clever! I am rubbish at doing things like that. Unfortunately the link wasn't on The Sun's website I don't know why. It got a double page spread on their health pages. I took a picture of it on my iphone I will try to upload it here.

Thank you so much for all your support, especially those who bought it or may still buy it. It would be great if anyone who liked it could leave a review on Amazon, word of mouth is a wonderful help on there in persuading people to buy, I know I always read reviews before I buy anything there. Here's hoping sales go well. Fingers crossed. xx

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
I have just received a PM from jenniferpa telling me she has closed the thread I put on yesterday "They can't take that away from me " to avoid confusion with this thread
I had already contributed to this thread and I was rather disappointed
yesterday evening to find it appeared to have slipped into oblivion without
any one having made any comment about the previously printed book
I would have put my further contribution on” My story in today's Sun” but it seemed pretty pointless if nobody took any notice
I have no problem with the removal (in fact I accept the logic given )
I would however take the liberty of adding to my previous post by adding a paragraph taken from the closed thread because I think it further emphasise the point that the book is really worth publicity

The book was originally promoted by the Alzheimer’s Society and at the time of publication and
I had the permission of the author to use some of the details in the book
At the time the “Music Thread” was running strong and to add a bit of variety for example “ Do you know why ‘Miss You Nights ‘ is a favourite of Sir Cliff Richards
Or do you know the favourite tune of Dame Judi Dench and a host of other celebrities All in the book
I don’t know if the book is still available from the original publishers , but I know it is on Kindle
Why am I ‘plugging’ it
Because it is a good book compiled by a member TP ,was originally
Promoted by Alzheimer’s Society and is worth another mention for those members who have since joined and may not be aware of it’s existence

Jimbo 111

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Jimbo, thanks for your extra details. I looked for the article and couldn't find it, and didn't know the link that you mention here. It sounds very interesting and a definite read. Will have a look at Amazon and see if I can order it.

Thanks, everyone, for the "heads-up".

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Jimbo thanks! Izzy thank you so much for the review, that was really kind of you, these things really help.

Last edited:

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
JPEG1 I have a copy on pdf if that's any use to you? I am not at all technical so I don't know how I could get it up here.