Dad still not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick47

May 31, 2012
Thank you all so very very much to everybody on here from all of us.Today the weather was to bad for the police to put out the canoes on the river today so they will try to tomorrow fingers crossed.The very worst thing that was said today by the police was if we can`t find your dad you wont be able to bury him but if you wanted to you pay your respects where your dads shoes were found we can corner that particular area off.That was another thing that was difficult to take on board.We went to see a solicitor today just to see how we stand.We are not after any financial gain all we want is our dad back.We feel the system has let us down and god forbid that anybody else has to go through what we are feeling.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
So sorry for all the anguish you must be going through, although words count for little.

Take care,

Celia

Isabella41

Feb 20, 2012
Northern Ireland
Oh Nick, I'm sure the policeman didn't mean to sound so cold but that sounds so awful for you all. I continue to pray that your dad will be found soon no matter what the circumstances. The not knowing must be torture for you all.
isabella

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Nick, im not a religious person and i have no faith personally, but i pray your dad will be found safe and well. I know you , your brother and your mum must be going through hell right now and my thoughts are with you.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Nick, i've been thinking about you all day. I can only imagine the nightmare.

Jan

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I am so sorry that the system has let you down so terribly. I hope you find out what has happened for your whole family's sake. This is our worst fear realised - my heart goes out to you. Though it will bring you little comfort there are so many people on here who feel profound sympathy for you, I am sure.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Nick,

Words cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am that you are living this nightmare. I am willing your dad to be somewhere safe, but yet not found. I will hold onto this hope, and not let it go...for you, for your mum, but mainly for him.

May you find the strength to get through the days until news reaches you, and please know that you have our complete support.

Please, please let him be safe.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Am so Sorry Nick

Hello Nick , Am so sorry for you , your Mum & Brother it must be terrible for all of you having to cope with this . You have my 100 per cent Love & Support Nick & am thinking of you , your Dad & all the family

Please , please let him be safe ( Quote from Annie )

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x

ggma

Feb 18, 2012
North Staffordshire
Love and thoughts to you and your family, something we all fear, but hope never to have to live through. I do hope that you get an answer soon, and that you can draw strength from each other at such a terribly sad time.

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Dear Nick – In light of what has befallen your family I think we're all now holding our loved ones a little closer. Hope dearly there is some news soon. Px

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Nick, I've only just caught up with your terrible news. I'm so very very sorry, and hope that your dad is found very soon. The only thing I can say is that although the weather is horrible, it may not be as bad as you think if your dad is out and about and only missing his shoes. It would be a different story if this was winter.
I do hope and pray that you get some positive news very soon, you must be going through hell.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I really hope they find him soon. It is just an impossible situation to grasp.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I have hesitated in responding to your initial post and even this one, not because I do not care, but because I have actually experienced something very similar.

My daughter and grand daughter went missing just over 3 years ago, and we had 3 days of hell with searches, and TV appeals and newspaper appeals.

Eventually their bodies were found in the lake near their home, and all my worst nightmares came true.

Even when the police come and tell you you try to block it out.

It is truly the worst nigntmare any family can go through. and you have been in my thoughts ever since I read your first post.

There are no words, kust love and thoughts

Jeannette

chrisuz

May 29, 2012
East Yorkshire
Nick, so very sorry, sometimes the 'professional' face of the various agencies can seem so uncaring. I hope for better weather and good news for your family.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Nick

Just caught up with this thread and so sorry to hear the news of your poor Dad, I'm sure you must be out of your mind with worry, I really hope some positive news comes very soon.
Alex x

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Jeanette – just to say how terribly sorry I am also to read your post and for what you must be re-living now, there really are no words. You more than anyone will have the closest idea of what Nick is going through as it’s not something any of us can come close to imagining. It is beyond sad. Thank you for your brave post, it must have taken a lot to write.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Nick I have been thinking of you all yesterday and the first thing I did when I logged on here this morning was to look for an update.

What a horrible, horrible situation your find yourselves in. A kind of limbo with forseeable end to it :(.

Please know that everyone here is thinking of you, your family and especially your Dad, and willing there to be some news very soon.

Take care Nick. I'll be thinking of you again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.