Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

normelle

Apr 25, 2010
bournemouth
hi jan

ive just popped on to see how things are going with my friends.
i dont come on very much nowadays,as you know.
i am sorry to read that you are still going through this awful journey.it breaks my heart to know just how much you are hurting,and all the tpers.
please know that i do think of you all often.especially when my moon is out.
it is hard to realise that in 2 WEEKS time JUNE 24th that my david will have 2 YEARS.
It is hard at times end easier at times,but i guess i am leading some sort of life without him.
please take care (not easy) please all my les mis.pals know my thoughts are with you love normelle xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Eight years ago last Friday David was diagnosed with Alzheimers, then the same weekend, eight years ago today he had a stroke! This was following five difficult years when I struggled to understand him and then to get him to go to the GP for tests etc.

He is still eating very little and drinking only small amounts. He is coughing and is being given suppository paracetamol to keep his temperature down. He has a swollen red and painful right knee and he keeps that leg bent the whole time. It is hard for the carers to give him personal care. The Dr was called twice last week. Once in the night and the out of hours one did not understand whether his knee was cellulitis or not and decided not to medicate. His own GP came on Wednesday morning thought the knee was gout, but because he still had a high temperature he prescribed antibiotics and morphine patches if required.

It is dreadful watching the deterioration. He was coughing this morning but reasonably calm and peaceful. He was unaware of our daughter who visited today and totally unaware of me even when speaking loudly into his ear.

A tough time.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thinking of you. My mum is on fentanyl patches. Once they kicked in they worked really well. She still has oramorph too, the combination seems to work better. It takes a few days to get the right dose. I hope you are managing to get some rest. Sending love xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Jan, this is so hard for you, and for David. Hoping he stays calm and peaceful.
Thinking of you.

Love
Loo xxx

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Dear Jan,

A tough time indeed.

It is so harsh watching our loved ones deteriorate in this way.

My heart echos yours. I know your pain, I feel it too.

I send empathy, love and light. You are not alone.

But how it feels that way at times

Much Love, Bastan xxx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Jan, you have reached a difficult time. So very difficult for you. I hope they manage David's pain and keep him comfortable x

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Jan,

It's hard enough to read what you are both going through so facing it on a daily basis must be heart-breaking. I wish I could take the pain away for you both.

We're all here for you when you need a shoulder,

Sending much love, xxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I just want to say that I am thinking of you Jan. It is heartbreaking to see loved ones in pain. I hope the knee problem is sorted out very soon. lots of love XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.