Why I'm still on Talking Point...

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Welcome back BigYin, I am sorry you were put off last time you came to TP and hope you will not be this time. We are all here to listen and to share. Look after yourself.

mike antony

Apr 14, 2012
eerie

i was just thiniking something similar i only discoverd this site after my mum went into care home i wished had paid attention and logged in years ago but it is carthartic to know waas not all alone and others are experiencing the same as i did a lot of the emotions and feelings had blocked off had to be strong but now dont need to be . and also i realise no matter how bad things are now being made homeless by local authority at least my mum is in a safe place and all the years of worrying are slowly winding down actaully still constantly worry but not every minute and the advice peopel give is still perteninet

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Well, it's lovely to come to my thread and seeing how it helps. I thought I was just making sense of my own feelings and, as usual, writing it down and throwing it out there... As I do!

Dear John, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry I didn't know you when your Beryl was poorly. I think we would have had a lot in common. I'm glad you came here, because, like so many, we now have other things in common.

Making sense of loss is such a tangled mess and, sometimes, a person can say one word or one line and it can stay with you for a long time. Sometimes it can unlock your pain, and you wonder what would have happened had you not stumbled across it.

TP and its many varied, wonderful members enrich each others lives every day, and together we can keep each other safe, be understood and listened to. In this section, especially.

Much love to all, xxx

Heather777

Jul 24, 2008
Bristol
Good support

Annie, what a great thread to start-after years of caring for my parents, fighting the disease, fighting the system and trying to understand the emotions that you have left over is tough. I feel like I am in a void. It is like when you are moving house you have done the bulk of items but there is always a bit extra you should be doing but there seems no real purpose in these.

I have dealt with a lot of stuff over the last seven years and I thought I knew what I would be able to achieve when it was over. I am a great believer in black and white until I hit a puddle and it is very grey. Popping into TP reminds me of the journey I have been on and makes me connect with reality it is only 3 months since my dad passed away although I can't really feel like that it feels like forever. When something reminds me of my loss I wonder why I feel so vague then comfort myself with the fact it is ONLY 3 months and ONLY 3 years since my mum died.

My family are in a state of flux dealing with these 'final' bits and I need to think about ashes and stuff.

Thank goodness for TP I say-kept me relatively sane whilst I was living in the mess of dementia and keeps me focussed in the aftermath!

It is no joke when I say the messages and users of TP have been a lifeline for me.
Heather

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
And thinking of you too, Annie. I know this will be a day with lots of memories for you. I hope that you know that we are all thinking of you.

Hugs,

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi Annie and all of you.
I must admit this is the first time i have been here. I am sitting alone with a final glass of wine before i go to bed feeling very sorry for myself and thought i would just see what this section is all about. I am so moved by all the lovely words of comfort and caring and will certainly come back here as well as the main T.P.
I to sometimes think "why am i still here now that Bryan has passed away, "but it does really help to be able to let off steam and say whatever you feel. When i tell my family and friends i have been on T.P they do not seem surprised. They probably think it must help me.
The feeling of loosing Bryan and living life without him seems to be getting .worse as time passes instead of easier. Does anyone else feel this way too i wonder? I keep myself really busy all the time and always try to have something to look forward to tomorrow.
When Bryan was here and yet not! I used to think and even say - for goodness sake shut up and go to sleep. would give anything now to have him here - even the way he was. Just to be able to see his face and feel him close to me. Life is so unfair.
Must go to bed now and at least try to sleep i suppose. I used to dream most nights about him but now i hardly ever do. I wonder why!
Love and hugs Muriel xx