Update

alicejude

Nov 6, 2011
Yorkshire England
Hi everyone,

Just got back from the Doc's and he confirmed what you all have already told me.

I shouldn't have stopped the anti-d's, he's put me back on the 20mg and say's I will probably get the most benefit if I stay on them for at least 12 months and he will see me once a month from now on.

I need a few goodnights sleep now, hopefully they will return soon.:)

Thanks everyone xx

(Ps. My eye's started welling up again after driving past the funeral directors twice today).

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Well done for tackling it so quickly - I hope that you start feeling the beneficial effects soon.

And thanks for letting us know - I'm glad the GP was supportive, and gave you a bit more of an idea how long you might stay on the medication. One less thing to worry about!

Take care xxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm glad you took action so quickly and that your GP responded so well. Now you need to try and relax and wait for the medication to kick in again.

I know so many people who say "I don't want to take drugs" particularly for depression and other mental health issues. But to me, it's the same as a diabetic taking insulin. There is an imbalance in the system and drugs can correct this, whether it's diabetes or depression, it's all the same. So remember that in the months to come.

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
We're all here to help one another, Judy. Glad your doctor is helpful and willing to keep an eye on you. Hope you have a more peaceful night tonight.

Thinking of you
Mary
x

TriciaD

Jan 9, 2012
Hope you start to feel better soon Judy. Well done for making that first step, be kind to yourself and take everything at your own pace x

Nels

Jul 25, 2006
Romford Essex
Hi Judy

I lost my mother onthe 30th March, went into practical mode, had to really has have a learning disabled sister who lived with mum so had to sort out bits for her, getting things changed over into her name etc. Went back to work for 2 days but utterly exhausted, doctor signed me off for 3 weeks, went back Monday and she signed me off for 4 weeks and put me on Citroplam have only just started taking it so its early days yet very reluctant to take it but gave in on Weds. Feel like I am in a complete fog but should be looking forward to youngest getting married in July and becoming a grandmother for the first time in October but cannot stop worrying about this (miscarriage last year) hopefully will stop this worrying after 20 week scan in 3 weeks time. Have lost several friends and relatives in the last year and 2 weeks ago an uncle (mums brother) died. Sorry am rambling on. Have folks found the ADs have helped them?

alicejude

Nov 6, 2011
Yorkshire England
Nels

Hi Nels, You have an awful lot on your plate, with your sister and your daughter not to mention the sad passing of your mum, I really feel for you.
The anti d's are working for me and I think they will work for you too. Give them a try but don't do what I did and come off them cold turkey, If you decide that they arn't working for you speak with your GP first before you stop them, I didn't, and that was a stupid thing of me to do.

Nels

Jul 25, 2006
Romford Essex
Thank you so much. Daughter has been round today and given me a list of things she would like knitted... tried doing a hat the other day but it went wrong early on, some thing that I should be able to do with my eyes closed but will give it another go, some of things she has chosed are quite complicated!