Can't communicate on the forums.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
ChristineR62 has just sent me this email:

I don’t know if you’ve tried to PM me on TP, but I’m having real problems – the forum won’t let me PM or post on threads. I’ve emailed TP, but heard nothing yet.

You recall that I moved from (One provider to another)? At the time, I changed my email address on TP. Round about the same time, I stopped getting email notifications of PMs, even though I hadn’t changed the setting. Over the weekend, I thought I’d try setting my email address back to what it had been, while I still have access to the old email address – the forum told me I would be sent an email to confirm the existence of the “new” email address. That email has never arrived, so I can’t communicate on the forum.

I sent a pm to Chris yesterday and was told her in box is full but she wouldn't have known this. I have now emailed her it is full so hopefully she will have cleared it.

What does she do?

Himself

Morning Lemony

I suspect that when Christine entered her new e-mail address there might have been a mistake in it. Something as simple as a space, or a comma instead of a full stop, or adding a full stop to the end of the address would confuse the system and prevent it from working. If not, then it's something only the techno-geeks lurking in the darkened room behind TP will be able to resolve.

I presume that the new e-mail account is working OK for non-TP messages?

H

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Hi

No, she has checked that and both were correct, logged out, cleared cache, logged back in, closed browser, changed browser but to no avail.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I will report your post Lemony and hopefully someone will be able to help tomorrow. It will depend on TP having access to Christine`s new email address though.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Thanks Sylvia. Meanwhile Sue has been working behind the scenes and has managed to get Chris' account on TP working again.