Need to share this

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Tomorrow is my birthday and I am taking my husband away for a little coach trip.

Yesterday took him to get a card for me left him to choose it and watched whilst he managed to pay for it (although the assistant did have to go back and get the envelope for him).

When we arrived home it broke my heart to watch him struggle to write his name on it but manage it he did after a few attempts on paper first.

Today he gave me the card (because he thought today was the day) and the following is the lovely verse on the card quite broke me up I can tell you!

If we had never met
I wouldn’t know what it’s like to love someone as I love you and to be loved in return.

If we had never met
I wouldn’t have a best friend to laugh with or to share life’s troubles.

If we had never met
I would feel like only half a person because it’s you who makes my life complete.

Such lovely words will treasure the card always.

Linda x

PS... if anyone is in Eastbourne Monday to Friday give us a wave!;)

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
oh linda thats is so lovely,
what lovely words,
have a lovely day tomorrow

happy birthday xx

donna

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
eastbourne

Hi Linda,

Have a lovely time on your break in eastbourne that is one of the towns that i visit for a bit of shopping and a fish and chip lunch.If you pass through the AShdown Forest on the way you will be passing through my village.

I loved the words on your card and to get it on the wrong day is a sad reminder of this awful condition:eek:

Regards Cynron x x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Linda

Thanks for sharing your card. It's definitely one to cherish. It doesn't matter what day, it's the thought that counts.

Have a lovely break, and I hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Linda,

Wishing you a very happy birthday. Your card made me cry.

Have a lovely trip to Eastbourne. I hope the weather holds out for you.

Let us know how you got on and how your husband coped with the trip.

Love Sylvia x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Happy Brithday Linda

Hope you have a lovely day today. I'd cherish that card! Eastbourne is a great choice for a trip. It always feels to me as if it has everything you need and tranquillity too. Tell us how you get on.

a_daughter

Jan 30, 2007
South Buckinghamshire
Oh goodness, I'm blubbing !!! One to cherish, that.

Eastbourne is lovely. I visited my son there last summer when he was teaching students English.

Get a bus up to the top of Beachy Head (unless you are up to walking that is), the views are incredible.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Linda

It was a lovely thought to share your card with us.

Sometimes words are all we have to give, but they are at times much more valuable than material things............your husbands memory might be fading......... but the card, the verse and the moment, you'll be able to keep forever.

Happy birthday............hope you have a lovely day.

Love Alex x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet