dad seems better

janeymouse

Jan 1, 2007
London
hi
since last tuesday when social worker turned up to acess mum and dad, dad seems so much better, almost back to normal,. mum is over the moon, i feel an awfull sense of forboding, it cant be permanent can it?? please god that it is!!!

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
I've found that my Mum has lots of ups and downs. It's probably best to make the most of the ups while he is feeling well and take each day as it comes. Maybe having a visitor also made him feel better.
Kayla

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
As Kayla says, just enjoy dad being a little better - and hopefully he will stabilise there for a little while. We never stop looking for these little signs of hope - we hang on to the smallest thing - just human nature I think.
Love helen

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
My Mum has rheumatoid arthritis and vascular dementia which can cause dramatic changes in condition. The correct medication can make a huge difference to patients and make them feel much better. My Mum varies a lot from day to day, but perhaps people with Alzheimer's are more stable and predictable in their responses.
Kayla

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Janey

My mum has good days & bad days, sometimes dramatically different in mood. As Kayla said, I think extra social interaction (with people she doesn't see every day) gives a bit of a boost. Mum had to go into hospital overnight the other week, to have a broken bone pinned, and she was HUGELY brighter the day she came out, and then it tailed off day by day. I've also noticed that she seems to "raise her game" when we have to go to the memory clinic for a check up - but 2 hours after we've been, she's still forgotten all about it! :rolleyes: