Thank You

katykitten

Mar 20, 2011
liverpool
just wanted to say thank you to everyone who offered their insight and support when i asked questions on the forum over the past few weeks, sadly my wonderful father passed away last tuesday and i still cant believe he has gone. there were many things that we as a family learned along the way so i hope i can be of some help to others on this long and painful journey, there were some things we got wrong and many things we got right but whatever we did was always in the best interests of Dad - he was the planet around which our world revolved and has left a huge gap.

lady g

Feb 5, 2012
south yorkshire
Hi Katykitten, really sorry to hear about your father. my heart goes out to you and your family. try to keep strong lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Katykitten, I am so sorry to read that your father has passed away.

Please accept my condolences. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing he is at peace.

xx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Hello

I am so very sorry to read of your dads passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time and in the difficult weeks ahead.

Much love and respect

Linda x

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Thinking of you & your family at this sad time.

Someone gave me this verse when my lovely dad died. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.

When I Must Leave You

When I must leave you for a little while please do not grieve and shed wild tears and hug your sorrow to you through the years but start out bravely with a gallant smile; and for my sake and in my name live on and do all things the same, feed not your loneliness on empty days, but fill each waking hour in useful ways, reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer and I in turn will comfort you and hold you near; and never, never be afraid to die, for I am waiting for you in the sky!

(author unknown)

Mo
x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear KatyKitten
I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

I hope you and your family can remain strong over the coming weeks.

Jan x

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
Thinking of you & your family at this sad time.

Someone gave me this verse when my lovely dad died. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.

When I Must Leave You

When I must leave you for a little while please do not grieve and shed wild tears and hug your sorrow to you through the years but start out bravely with a gallant smile; and for my sake and in my name live on and do all things the same, feed not your loneliness on empty days, but fill each waking hour in useful ways, reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer and I in turn will comfort you and hold you near; and never, never be afraid to die, for I am waiting for you in the sky!

(author unknown)

Mo
x

All I can add is that the above quote is perfect.. condolences Katy *hugs*

strawberrywhip

Jun 26, 2006
kent
Fathers and daughters!

I felt the same when my lovely Dad died three years ago.. aren`t we lucky to have had such great Dads..this is the poem we had at his funeral
Not, How Did He Die, But How Did He Live?

Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer,
To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say,
But how many were sorry when he passed away.

lupo

Jun 11, 2011
So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Dad. Thinking of you at this sad and difficult time xx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello katykitten, I am sorry to read your sad news about your dad. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan