Care Home in the North West/Wirral

MandyL

Mar 4, 2012
Dear all,

I am caring for my father who has had dementia for 3 years. Currently I am looking for a good care home on the Wirral. I believe that personal recommendation is best. Can anyone help?

Would appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Mandy

sueorbell

Mar 15, 2010
California, USA
Hi Mandy:

We're not allowed to mention specific homes on the forum, but if you want to PM me I can let you know of one in Puddington, and one near Chester. Sue

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Carehome in Wirral

My husband's cousin was in a lovely care home in Wirral for several years. His two daughters and his sister never had any complaints and I have spoken with the Manager several times who is very charming. I will PM you now.

MandyL

Mar 4, 2012
Dear all

I apologise if I shouldn't have asked this question on the site. I can understand why this is the case now but didn't realise last night.

Please PM me if you have time to reply personally.

I hope I can help someone else in return.

Kind regards

Mandy

Last edited by a moderator:

Wirralson

Account Closed
May 30, 2012
Looking for care home in wirral

I'm also looking for a care home in Wirral. My mother will probably require nursing care not just residential care. One of the surprising things I've noticed is how few there actually are (and how few are near the areas she, family and friends live in). I'm doing the usual thing of making a list, visiting them, and trying to work out which one would suit her best. Any advice (not on which home, which I appreciate is not allowed, but how to go about this) would be welcome either on the forum or by PM.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hi Win
Please can you PM me address of CH too, we look after Dad 24/7 in his own home but GP says we need a contingency plan in case of carer meltdown or Dads condition being unmanageable. Thank you x

Mandy and Wirralson
I live in the Wirral and Dad and my sister live in Liverpool so we are going to look in both areas. We haven't started looking properly but did find a fantastic place in Wallasey, a village with sheltered accommodation and a nursing home, nestled on the banks of the Mersey. It is for seafarers or dependants of seafarers. I will PM their website.
Polly x

janecayman

Dec 31, 2010
Manchester UK
Wirral

Hi mandy is there any chance you could pm/ email me with any tips/ recommendations that you received re care homes (and i suppose any experience of dealing with wirral cc re funding etc) v much appreciated thanks

Moderator note: email address removed. Please communicate with poster via Private Message systems

Dear all,

I am caring for my father who has had dementia for 3 years. Currently I am looking for a good care home on the Wirral. I believe that personal recommendation is best. Can anyone help?

Would appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Mandy

beaso25

Oct 18, 2012
Best Wirral care homes

I too am looking for a good care home on the Wirral for my Nan who has Dementia but has very lucid moments where it appears she is fully aware of circumstances and surroundings. Today she has been temporarily taken into a care home because she flooded the house, the care home appears to be dreadful and she does not want to be left there, however at such short notice we are stuck and very upset having to leave her. I would be very grateful to anyone who could pm me to advise on the best places as we may well have to look for something more permanent and her happiness safety and health is desperately important to us.
Thanks in advance
Lisa

Juicylucy

Oct 20, 2012
Did you find one??

Hallo,
We are like you looking for a recommended care EMI Nursing/Care home for mum. We have been caring 24/7 for her for some considerable number of years and trying to cover the nights now, as she is not sleeping through the night is getting beyond exhausting. We want to keep her at home , we do have carers in the day but the nights are becoming a problem. We have applied for Continuing care funding and really want to keep her in her own place but the reality is that it is beginning to get beyond us now.We would like to know if you did get any answers as to the best recommended places in the Wirral.
Cheers,
Ruth

Last edited:

janecayman

Dec 31, 2010
Manchester UK
wirral homes

Dear all

I apologise if I shouldn't have asked this question on the site. I can understand why this is the case now but didn't realise last night.

Please PM me if you have time to reply personally.

I hope I can help someone else in return.

Kind regards

Mandy

hi mandy, hope you found a good one would you be able to share any learnings/ recommendations with me? thanks

janecayman

Dec 31, 2010
Manchester UK
wirral homes

hi Lucy - hope you found what you were looking for, would you be able to share any findings? thanks Jane

Hallo,
We are like you looking for a recommended care EMI Nursing/Care home for mum. We have been caring 24/7 for her for some considerable number of years and trying to cover the nights now, as she is not sleeping through the night is getting beyond exhausting. We want to keep her at home , we do have carers in the day but the nights are becoming a problem. We have applied for Continuing care funding and really want to keep her in her own place but the reality is that it is beginning to get beyond us now.We would like to know if you did get any answers as to the best recommended places in the Wirral.
Cheers,
Ruth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan