EOFAD And Me

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Trish,
Just wanted to send love.
I'm subscribed to Jon's thread and just saw your's. Love to you and your niece and Jon. xxx

Barney18

Jan 5, 2011
Essex
Hi Jon, I have just come across your post and have read all the replies with tears in my eyes but hope in my heart. My family are in a similar situation to yours. My husband is 53 was diagnosed with EOFAD at 51. His mum, 2 aunts, an uncle and his nan also had the same disease. At this moment in time one of his cousins has been diagnosed as well. He too has the faulty gene mutation and it is definitely hereditary. We have one daughter, she is 27. She has been offered genetic counselling if she wants to know if she is carrying the gene. If she has the gene, like you she will get EOFAD. We have been told that if she carry's the gene and wants to have a family they will be able to stop the gene being passed down. Will be too late for her if she is a carrier but she would be able to have a family, knowing that they won't get it. Sadly we lost our son to cancer, he was only 25. I am no stranger to grief and can't even begin to think what I will do if she has AD. Your post has confirmed that ordinary people live lives in extraordinary situations. You are very brave, dignified and courageous and you remind me of my son. I will look for your posts and wish you all the very best xx