Much Better

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
I have been away for what seems a long time, but I confess that last year was grim to say the least. I went from one chest infection to another, and the last one went on for 8 weeks and ended up with three types of antibiotics before it left.
The day I was cleared of it I went for a walk with my wife feeling on top of the world, and as I passed a council lorry on the footpath, I realised that there had been a slight frost and thought no more about it until I hit the ground with a thump.
Being stubborn I refused to go to the doctors for two days, by which time I could not sleep on the bed and had to sleep in my armchair. I was then told that I had cracked some ribs, and was put on two types of pain killers. Last week I had a check up and found that I had another chest infection caused by the fact that I could not take deep breaths.
Today the chest infect seems to have cleared and my ribs are still sore but bearable, but I was told to put up with it for another four weeks or so.
So hopefully I shall be back to as near normal as possible in the near future, which is nice because Christmas was so quiet as I was not able to laugh at anything on TV.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
You have had a hard time of it - I hope you have now turned the corner and are starting to feel better. I think that when you are ill for a long time it is hard to remember what life was like before.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Lovely to see you back on TP Ken.
Happy New Year to you and Janice and please watch how you go. No more cracked ribs, they are too painful and take too long to heal. xx

carrie99

Apr 26, 2009
Yorkshire
Feeling better now?

I am glad you are better now.
I am going to be a 'poster girl"
I did some photosfor Alzheimer's.
I think they will be on in September

carrie99

Apr 26, 2009
Yorkshire
Nice to see you again Ken

Blimey Ken, you've had a rough time of it haven't you? Glad to hear you're finally on the mend now though xxxe

Glad to hear you again.
I had photo shoots - some in a studio and others with my walking gear.
It is lovely in the Dales today.
We have been to Malta and as luck would have it it was Carnival time.
Lots of small (and big people.