How do you cope with a grade 4 pressure sore?

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Hi Mo, Little Pied seems a bit happier. Hubby left the letter I wrote in his car. But Little P moved tables and is now sitting by some people she really likes, so that is great news. Hope it lasts!! Bless you for asking. xx

Delighted little Pied had a better day.:D Hope the change of tables continues to do the trick so you have one less thing to worry about.

Have a good rest tonight. Sleep tight.

Love
Mo
x

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Dear Pied,

Firstly ((((((HUGS))))))

Such a stressful time for you Pied, I am pretty certain as your Mum's daughter you would most definitely have a say as to whether she should go to hospital or not but here's hoping the antibiotics will work & it won't come to that.

So glad to hear little Pied has moved tables & is a lot happier today :)

Sending you love & strength,

Love Dottie xx

Ps to Sarah, I hope you are ok? Thinking of you too xx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Hi Pied, hope the antiobiotics work for your Mum, I would say 'no' to hospital too but hopefully it won't come to that.
Pleased Little P has moved tables and hopefully the bullying will stop as it's such an awful experience to go through:(

((((((HUGS))))))

Take care and goodnight will pop back tomorrow to see how you all are and hope that you sleep well xxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I've been googling pressure sores tonight and it says the pain gets worse if the infection spreads so maybe that explains things a bit.
Let's hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us struggling with this rotten illness in one way or another xxxxxx

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Dear Pied,

Just read your thread for the first time, I am so sorry your mum is suffering such pain and you are having to share in this time and time again. I really hope she isn't moved to hospital, I don't believe hospital care could come close to the care she is already receiving.

You are in my thoughts, as is your poor mum. Sending you much love and a zillion of those hugs you love so much. Bastan. xxx

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi Pied,

Just adding to the hugs! Try not to meet your troubles half way (easier said than done!), but you're spending valuable energy worrying about things that may not happen. I, too, would say no to hospital. I'm just wondering why your Mum can't have IV antibiotics in a nursing home? I'm sure that other people in Dad's home have had them. You should ask how they can manage it. I think they had to keep doors locked on the bit of corridor where the patient was, to avoid the walking residents wandering in and interfering with the drip, but I'm sure it's a risk that can be managed. That would be the best way forward, so that you could avoid having your Mum moved.

I hope that Little P is happier now that she's moved tables. It's been a tough year for all of you, and I hope that it gets better soon.

I'm off to hospital to have a check up after 2 weeks on my oxygen, so I've had a slower start to my day. Usually I'm in meetings at this time, but I don't need to be in hospital till 9. Oh, the luxury! (I take my pleasures where I can!)

Love and lots of hugs,

Sue xxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
More Hugs

Hello Pied , Just sending HUGS & more HUGS for today & hope you had a better day today

Love , Peace & Comfort to you & your Mum today & the Days to come

Take Care

Much Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Pied

I hope today is a better day for you, and for your Mum. Antibiotics take time to kick in, but I hope hospital can be avoided. Everyone will be aware that it would not be in your Mum's best interests.

It is in Henry's care plan that I do not want him in hospital unless absolutely unavoidable, such as for a fracture..... so what happens, three weeks ago he fractures his other hip :(:rolleyes: I want all nursing care done at the care/nursing home. But realize that cannot be written in stone..... he would probably go to hospital if he had a heart attack, to be assessed.

It is very difficult not to think ahead about the "what ifs...." but do try not to do that, to take each day as it comes and the worry of that is enough as it is.

Sending you lots of gentle, warm hugs, and do take care of yourself.

Much love
Loo xxx

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Hi Pied

I hope today has been better for you all. I hope little P is feeling happier with her new table-mates and the bully has been kicked into touch (metaphorically). I too, would be in the 'No hospital" camp, having been there enough times with Mum - we all know what a struggle it is - and I think the suggestion of IV ABs in the home is a much better option to pursue. The last trip we did to hospital, I wrote to the Chief Exec. and stayed with Mum 7 am til she fell asleep at night - there's no way she would have been able to eat, or take tablets or anything else and the nursing simply couldn't cope with dementia. I know you're working - but if your Mum did have to go to hospital, is there anyone else who would be able to help you out by giving her 101 care? I was under the impression that the nurses were frankly pretty glad that I was there - one or two were very kind, but the others didn't really want to know. Hx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks for the unending support. Little P us just struggling. I think girls fall out more nastily than boys. I never had any of this with my son, now 17, who just gets on with it!
I'm ashamed to say I've had another day without visiting today. I've been able to do some washing and ironing, and tidy the house. My bedroom was hard to walk into as it was just clothes everywhere, so I've got a bit straighter and feel a bit better.
I will go tomorrow now I've recharged. I know I sound like a wimp. What if Mum lived with me. I'd just have to get on with it wouldn't I? X

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I've been able to do some..... ironing

IRONING!!! whats that?? :D

Just popped in to collect your Guilt Monster - going to send it off with mine - off to see mum tomorrow and will drop them off a a steep slope onto rocks whilst I'm passing - they will be blindfolded of course so hopefully it will be a while before they find their way back home......

girls are horrible to each other - nasty spiteful some of them - ooh as the song goes.... I remember it well ..... it will get better for little pied and she will be able to cope with them eventually - promise

oh before I forget...

HUGS

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
You need to be able to breathe Pied - you needed your mini-break (not much of a break though!). I know I bow out from time to time - I can't cope otherwise. Definition of luxury? No watch, no mobile, no laptop...:) Then I miss the kids but for a short while, it's bliss.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Pied,

What if your mum lived 60 miles away? You can only do what you can do, and your situation is unique to you...so please be kinder to yourself...:)

If your mum had been living with you, your own battle with health would have been more trying than it already was, so you must not berate yourself for the way things are and the way you have to do things to get by. We chose to keep mum at the NH nearer her own home. Originally we hoped it might be useful for neighbours and friends to pop in...but nobody went (except her old carer)...and that was during the 15 months she was there. Then we felt the move to nearer my sister or I would have been to her detriment, as she was settled and content where she was...But, the truth is that I knew I wouldn't be able to cut myself off if she lived nearby. I knew I would keep "popping back", to see if she'd eaten; to catch her while she was awake; to sit with her if her favourite programme was on; just to check...again...and so on and so on. I would have been a wonderful daughter to do that, but I would have been a very different mum and wife to the one I was.

I had to make a painful decision, based on the practical and the emotional, and I have no regrets, because my life dictated what could be...and what couldn't. It meant I could only visit mum once a week, but I did this every weekend for 15 months. My children only saw me on Saturdays...for 15 months. This was hard for us all, but it meant I could spend a guilt-free day with mum, knowing that my children had my full-time attention the other 6 days of the week. Then I would spend guilt-free (ish) days with my family, knowing that mum was well-cared for and would have me to herself on Sundays. My sister did the same (on Mondays). And it meant we had a balance, didn't drown, weren't pulled in too many directions too many times and tried to be the best we could to all who needed us.

Having young children makes a huge difference to your ability to care, as does serious illness and a job.

Please, please don't be hard on yourself. I know I did everything within my power to help my mum, because I had 3 children under the age of 10 and I only had so much time and energy. I know mum would have done the same...she was the one who taught me how to love....

I hope tomorrow's visit is better, and that a short break from the treadmill has helped build up a little strength. You can't be everything to everyone.... But you're definitely someone (special!) to all of them...:)

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Dear Pied,

You can't be everything to everyone.... But you're definitely someone (special!) to all of them...:)

Annie is so right, I am always amazed at what you manage to do and I am certain I couldn't do half of it! Do not feel bad about not going every day.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks, I know you're right, I had dropped visiting mum to twice a week til she got ill. I only went daily because she was in so much pain. I suppose because I cared for her when I was young and her MS was bad it's hard to let go.
I spent an hour with Mum tonight, and she was in good form. Grumpy but comfy! I took a Gu mango cheesecake and she ate the lot. A couple of minutes later, she said "any more cake?" so I said, "no Mum, you ate it all. Do you want the crumbs from the dish?" and she said,"is that the best you can do?" this made me smile as the rest of the time she talked rubbish but she has these lucid moments when you could kid yourself you're sitting with your mum in her own lounge, just like old times.
Mum didn't look like she was in any pain at all which was lovely though she was grumpy as I say and didn't want her hands washed and growled at me when I suggested it.
Little P got a special award today for playing a tune on her keyboard. That made her day thank goodness as we had tears again last night.
With love,

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hi Pied. Just popping in to say hello and that I'm glad your mum seemed in less pain and enjoyed the cheesecake. How lovely that your daughter played her keyboard today and that it cheered her up. Yes, girls are far nastier than boys.I hope your weekend goes well - have a rest. love X

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Dear Pied,

Good to hear your visit went ok today & your Mum enjoyed her cheesecake despite being a little grumpy. Also glad to hear you had smiles from little P tonight after such a tough week for all of you.

Excellent post from Annie (as always), very sound advice which struck a chord with my own situation & has helped so thank you Annie xx

You are doing brilliantly Pied, take one day at a time & take care of yourself,

Love Dottie xx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
mmm Gu cheesecake sounds awfully yummy

think i need a bit of special attention;)

Glad your visit wasnt too painful

glad Pied got on ok with the keyboard

as I cant sing anymore (some people wondered if I ever could) i have got this little egg filled with something that I can rattle and shake at church. Last weekend though I was shaking it rather to vigorously sitting next to my blind friend steph when it shot out of my fingers. someone a couple of rows back retrieved it :eek:

not too sure whether its the right thing for me but as I cant multi task I concentrate on that rather than worrying about my singing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet