How do you cope with a grade 4 pressure sore?

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Hello Pied,

Just checking in on this thread (by which I mean checking in on you & your Mum)

Sounds like your sister's visit to your Mum went well & despite the fact that your Mum is still having some pain it does seem like the increased painkiller dose is helping & she feels more comfortable.

Your day off sounds great, I hope you feel like your batteries have been recharged :D

Sleep well tonight Pied,

Love Dottie xx

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Pleased you managed to take some time for yourself today Pied. Carluccio's eh - I'm jealous :D

I'm so glad your mum's GP acted so quickly after getting your letter. I had my first experience of seeing mum in real pain this week & it made me realise what you & your poor mum go through. :( Proper pain relief is so essential & yet sometimes difficult to get :mad:

Hope you feel better after your day off. Have a good night.

Love
Mo
x

p.s Thank you for your caring messages. You have so much to contend with yourself that I really appreciate you taking the time xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I spoke to my sister tonight and I think she was a bit shocked to see how much discomfort Mum had, so much so she had had a chat with the staff herself, and had said, "I want Mum to have a decent level of sedation," so I'm pleased she said that because it backs up what I've been saying all along. I've had to ask and ask and ask. But I was glad my sister agreed with me - it helps.
I've got my mum a lovely feather and down pillow to take tomorrow, I'm hoping that will help make her more comfy. Don't know why I didn't think of it before xxxx
Night all. I'm setting my alarm for the big garden bird watch tomorrow. X

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Got up early (for me), did the bird watch, now I'm sitting next to mum. She's fast asleep. She woke up for a bit of milk that I brought, and said her back hurt, and now she's asleep again.
I suppose it is better than seeing her in pain, but I still don't like it. It is such a difficult balance to strike. She only seems to be pain free when she is asleep. The bed is breathing away but it doesn't seem to be disturbing her too much - she just fidgets a bit and then settles again x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
hi Pied - I'm glad your Mum's not in pain at least. It is a tricky balance isn't it? I'm not sure what patch Dave is having nor the strength but at least he's got it now! I hope your Mum remains peaceful. lots of love XXX

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Hi Pied, Glad to see that your mum's pain is a bit more controlled today. Did she like her new pillow, or have you not been able to give it to her because she's so sleepy?

Sending love to you both ( & to the rest of the family of course )

Mo
x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Bless you all, thank you. You must've known that I needed hugs. I've cried tonight which is stupid. The first time in 3 weeks Mum's been pain free and I cry! I didn't cry all the other nights, when she was in so much pain! :confused:

No, Mo, Mum could not lift her head from the pillow, so I could not give her the feather one. I wrote her name on it in BIRO and left it there!! ;):D

Hope you are all ok, specially you Mo, I'll check your thread after tea. How is Mum? :)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Pleased you had a lovely time on Saturday & had a enjoyable Meal:D at Carluccio's sounds like my sort of place ! Love Pasta :) ! !

Hope your Mum likes her New Pillow :) it should be nice & soft for her :)

Take Care

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
That's ok Pied , Been non stop at work today ! Cleaning & more Cleaning ! & Cooking Tea also !

The Chef made a lovely Lunch tho ! !

Take Care Pied & hope you have a good week

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

P S Just a Idea Pied when my Grandma was poorly she had a "Big V Shaped Pillow " think she used it to " Sit Up " in Bed . They are big tho ! & might not be suitable for your Mum ( is she small ? ) x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I'm up to here with everything today. Not a great day at work. Then called in on Mum. She was in a nasty mood. Poor mum. She accused me of not loving her - if I did I'd help her, she kept repeating. Scary-lucid. She kept on and on begging me to take the pain away. If she was a dog shed have bitten me. She was so cross , snarling away.
I came out of there and was met by a very upset daughter who shouted at me all the way home about being bullied. She got really nasty with me too. She's only 10 but she was having a right go at me about these boys who keep telling her scary stories to frighten her. I ended up crying.
I'm sitting on my bed now. I've had enough. Somebody tell me how to cope please cos right now I've had 3 weeks of Mum and I don't know how much more I can take. X

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
O Heavens Pied, you've got too much to cope with. I am so sorry. I'd see your daughter's school about her being bullied first. Try to nip it in the bud - it could be something of nothing and to stamp it out now might prevent it escalating. Also tell you daughter to try to laugh at the boys- she might find that hard but showing she is frightened means they are winning and they'll keep on.

Your mum - o dear, that's a different story. Was her pain very bad do you think? Maybe that was why she was in such a bad mood. She must be fed up with it all, I would be. Hopefully she'll be in a different frame of mind next time you visit. I hope so. Bad day at work - tomorrow is another day and it might be better. Have a glass of wine or something stronger.

I'm sending you all the positive vibes I have left - and you know by now that I don't have many to spare. Lots of hugs and sympathy too. love XXX