I hope there are some positive vibes left

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
As many of you may know, Mum was admitted to hospital yesterday. Despite A&E's complete lack of interest in chronic constipation and the effect it has on the dementia sufferer, the hospital will treat to make sure that any lingering infections are dealt with and they will make every effort to get the constipation under control.

Despite the best efforts of GP and district nurse, it has been too much for me to deal with at home as so much effort can be needed to get Mum to drink and I have taken the decision to place Mum in care. I looked at some homes after Mum came out of hospital last time.

I have just taken a phone call from my preferred place, though I hope to see it again, and I have been told that they have a vacancy and will visit Mum this morning.

Please, I really need all the positive vibes I can get;)

Mary
x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It will be all right Mary.

So often it is actually making the decision and the admission which is the worst, but if the home is good, it can be such a relief.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Mary, a sad time so positive vibes, truckloads, on their way to you. You have done your best!!!! I'm sure it will be OK! Vibes coming your way:)
hugsmileymove long arms.gif
vibes sun.jpg

Rosy Posy

Dec 19, 2011
Sending lots of positive vibes to you and your mum xxxxxxx Hope all goes well for you both,

Warmest wishes to you,

Rosy

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
I can really feel your pain. Despite planning, these decisions seem to sneak up on us so unexpectedly.

Hope your mum feels better soon.

Sue (((hug)))

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ooh, gosh, Mary, I was in the same position as you a year and a half ago, and I remember it so very well as a time of stomach churning anxiety. I am sending a mountain of positive vibes for you. All I can say is, keep telling yourself over and over, It will all be for the best, like a mantra, and remember to breathe in and out counting your breaths. I don't know if it will help you, I tried it to take the edge off my anxious feelings but nothing really helps sometimes.

This time will end and as Sylvia says, it WILL be all right. :)

Love and a hug,

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Mary, sending you lots of positive vibes. I hope you are able to find a suitable care home for your mum.

Turbo

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Mary, loads and loads of positive vibes winging their way to you from Dorset. I am so glad to hear that the assessment is being done by someone from your preferred care home and I hope that your mum will be able to be given a place there. I remember reaching the CH decision last January and it is a heart-breaking time, but you know when you simply cannot continue.

Thinking of you and your dear mum and sending love,
Nan XXX

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Thank you all again for your lovely replies.

Sylvia, your thread has given me hope. This home sounds very similar to Dhiren's, not the plushest but full of kind, caring people. Through Mum's day centre I know of several people who have gone in there - I don't think they can all be wrong!

And Nan. How are you? How you tried to have Brian home but had to give in to the inevitable. Again, such a help to those who follow in your footsteps.

I have to say that Mum is a lot better today. And that has perhaps given me the biggest wobble. But the risk is far too great. I would imagine that her mobility is declining further and she is often far from co-operative. Also the eating and drinking problem may ease a little but will not go away. And I don't want to think about the constipation:eek: So, in best TP fashion, I have given myself a good talking-to:D

Mary
x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Mary , Sending lots of Positive Vibes to you & your Mum & the Home sounds nice & if you know some people who have gone their "Via the Day Club " it must be a :) Home & also a good omen ? for you and your Mum ( am pleased you got your first / favorite Home offered first )

Hope all goes well for you & your Mum when the time comes for "the move "

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
hello Mary
You're making the most difficult decision, I know but if you choose the right place and I'm sure you will, things won't be so bad. I can't speak highly enough of Gary's NH while he was there, his care was second to none and for me the peace of mind that he was being cared for as well as I could have hoped for was invaluable. We all wish we could continue to do it all ourselves but sadly, for some of us, that's not viable so all we can do is the very best we can to make sure that whoever takes on the caring role does the best job possible. I know how hard this is for you and am hoping it all works out well xxxxe