Tom going into hospital today

normelle

Apr 25, 2010
bournemouth
hi helen

my prayers are with you and tom,my heart goes out to you.
i used to fear/dread hospitals when dave had to go,,,good luck
love normelle xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thinking of you and Tom, and hoping all has gone as well as possible. A worrying and stressful day for you. Hope Tom has slept, is asleep.

Loo xxx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
First thanks everyone..it was good to have you all with me :cool::cool:

Well I am home, just hope he will be ok.. Have seen the night staff and told them about Tom and asked them to ring if he gets anxious.

The op was a success, so I am told, the top man in his field did the op with an audience of Doc's from France, Germany and Belgium, so that pleases me.
The notes said that they had to give him extra pain relief and some sedation, which may explain my next statement.

By 8pm he could remember nothing about the day, no recollection of the operation, of the instructions to lie flat untill the morning and no idea why the cannula was in his hand.:confused::confused:

Although he didn't understand why he allowed me to feed him sandwiches and soup lying down, he was so hungry, it was a long time since 7-30am.

So all in all the day went well (well when he had a bed) I just hope that he is ok during the night, I'm not sure I should have come home but I'm nakt.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm not sleeping myself this stupid thing on my tongue must be on a nerve and it is giving me earache:(:(

Phone has just rung.. hospital..panic mode:eek::eek:
All is ok, they just needed to know what tablets he needed to take tonight...

I had gone over it all with the Doc, but am pleased they were on the ball enough to phone, 10/10 for effort.. even if the call did scare the s##t out of me:D:D

Helen x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh it all sounds good Helen. Now you need to get some rest. Can you take pain killers for your tongue?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

I am taking as much as I dare, I've not had a glass of wine for nearly a week, so stinging or not I'm having a couple tonight..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It maybe better tonight.. I cut the stitches (embroidery..sailing knots) out that were catching between my teeth:D:D

Helen x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Well done Helen,

Glad the procedure went well (including cutting suteurs)!!! You now need a good sleep ready for whatever tomorrow might bring.
Cheers:)

Love

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I am either more tired than I thought.. or running on pure adrenalin..

Just had a shower.. walked into our bedroom and was totally surprised..ie shocked that Tom was not in bed:confused::confused:

Helen x

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Hi Helen

Glad it all went well. Sounds as though Tom is being well looked after and went as well as it could.

Canulas and dementia do not mix well. Everytime mum has been in hospital she has always repeatedly pulled her out. We get them put in her elbow crease now - at least out of sight out of mind gives them a fighting chance.

Sue

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well I slept for about 5 hours:eek::eek:

then woke and eventually slept for another couple of hours, feel more human this morning..(well for me, anyway):D

Have finally got through to the ward and at the moment Tom is asleep, (good thing) the Docs are just doing the ward round, wonder what answers he will give them to their questions (UM, maybe not so good)

Anyway I will phone again in a while, maybe I can get him home today (very good thing)

Helen x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I have just changed our bed and while doing so had a horrible thought, I had forgotten that because Tom's eyes are always shut now, people in hospital think he is asleep, many times when I have been in there in the past they have not offered him a drink or a meal 'because he is asleep'.

Will phone soon and I will go in anyway.

Thanks to you all

Love Helen x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You really do need to be on the ball Helen, don`t you. If Tom`s eyes are closed, even if he is awake, is he still or does he move?