i am new

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Jo , Thanks for the News on your Dogs ! !, like Pied i love Dogs ! ! In our "Family " we had 2 ....... "Lisa "........ The Boxer ......... Did not remember much about her as Born after Mum & Dad got her , however do remember she was a lovely Family Dog & died when i was about 8 or 10 . Soon after that we got a Lab Puppy ( yellow & we called her Anna ) She was "truly a Family Dog "& we all helped look after her :) We had her for about 14 years & she came every where with us even on Holiday ! :)

Good Luck with all your Dog Shows etc & especially Ellie " Your Special Dog " :) Are you going to put some Photo's on T P ? of you & the Dogs ? Would love too see them ! !

Best Wishes to you & the Family , hope you have a good week

Love Grove x x

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Eema,
You must look at Eskimojo's beautiful hounds - you can see them in the Community Social Group "My pets keep me sane". If you're not familiar with the forum social groups then see above this thead there's a list starting New Posts, Today's Posts and you will come to Community, click on Community to find Groups.

My own whippet has a picture on the gallery too - they're smaller than greyhounds and will "whip" anything of the table!!!! They also whip round the garden pretty fast!!!

Best wishes, Jancis x

carpe diem

Nov 16, 2011
Bristol
Hi Eskimojo, it's lovely to read your posts about all your dogs. I have a grehound/lurcher called George he is very clever and has won rosettes for agility at beginner national competitions (UKA). They are lovely dogs, I've had 3 recscued lurchers and they bring me great joy. Even when I'm sad they are there to wipe away the tears and take me out on a walk to chase some rabbits!:eek:
At 43 you are very young and life is very unfair but I do hope that you will still have lots of good times in your future and good experiences from your past. Maybe someone could help you make a memory book full of photos of nice things you have done for you to look at when you can't sleep.
Best wishes to you and your greyhounds x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Jo , With the "Help " of another Lady who wrote on here have found your Lovely Photo 's of the Dogs ! :):) All your Dogs are LOVELY & i Love the Red Collar !

Have fun with your Dogs & enjoy them all !

Much Love & Support

Love Grove x x

eskimojo

Nov 11, 2011
Crewe UK
the dog show

:)
Hoddy the whippet got a 1st in waggest tail and 3rd in chil handler.......Rosa the greyhound got 2nd in child handler and 4th in the hound group.......joey was soooo well behaved and had soo much fun and got 2nd best rescue......and Ellie the Lurcher got 1st in best markings and a 2nd for i really cant remeber what she got that in.....all the doggies were well behaved and didnt put a paw out of place....and i got to take home the best doggies there my beloved 4 4 legs really love these guys xxxx

eskimojo

Nov 11, 2011
Crewe UK
not a good day today

today is i cant remeber day......dont know if the dogs have been fed so fed them but didnt seem to hungry so think i may have already fed them....they did looked pleased with themselves.....think they actually like having a mummy with no memory as they seem to get fed loads............trying to think of why hubster before he went to work had to have parocetamol but cant.....want to ring him at work but know he will be busy driver his lorry......will have to wait till he gets home.....trying to do the washing today be keep getting distrected with tv or computer......tried switching them both off but then i come back to see what i have been doing on fb and try and remeber what i am ment to be doing....just thought of something i can be doing......the worst job of the day poo picking up in the garden.....do that job about 5 times a day.....going to go and do that while i remeber what it is i am doing.....

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Jo , Sorry you had a Bad Day yeterday hope you have a Brighter Day today !

Congratulations & Well Done on your Dogs winning at the Dog Show ! ! :)

Take Care

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

towncrier

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
Hello Eskimojo. It is a good while since I contributed to the Forum as I have been working on getting my own life back since my partner went into care. I have had to deal with lots of administration for him, plus continuing my visits, but at least now I have more peace of mind now that I am not dealing with 24/ 7 caring for him and having to jump through hoops with social services. He is being reasonably well cared for and as his condition has deteriorated to the extent that he does not recognise people and cannot do anything for himself, at least his anxiety and agitation have subsided.
I have been helped enormously by the kindness and concern shown on this forum and I am glad you are now getting the support you need. Might I make a practical suggestion? I note that you are worried that you can't always remember things you have planned to do. If you keep a desk diary and pen to hand by your computer, you can jot down a note even while you are busy on the forum, then you can refer to it when you are ready. A page-a-day diary would be best so you will have enough room for all the things you plan to do each day. Keep it open at the day's page. I find a paper clip is the best kind of bookmark because it doesn't fall off easily. You will probably sleep more easily if you have ticked off the tasks completed, and highlighted in colour any which still need to be done. They can then be copied onto the next day's page. I have found that putting one's thoughts into writing gets them out of your head where they churn around and keep you awake. I have also found that having the radio on by my bed gives me things to think about not connected to my worries and eventually one falls asleep.
Oh -Ive just remembered another tip! don't go to bed hungry. Sweet dreams!

jivebluecat

Nov 25, 2011
N Ireland
Helpful?

Hi Eskimo Jo, I'm new to this forum. My mum has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia although we have suspected something for a couple of years now. It wasn't until the memory test result decreased and she had an MRI that it was confirmed. Mum is still fairly active and independant (thank god) but she does have bad days. I know you have a different set up but I think perhaps you are struggling at the moment for a lot of different reasons. If you can destress your life a bit in a few ways maybe that will make the other parts more managable. Sounds to me that you are still trying to carry on as before and so are those all around you. Yes, admirable but perhaps a few adjustments would help. Have you thought of sitting down to have a family meeting to talk about what it is that would help you on a daily basis. Silly things like the elec being kept topped up would be good. Assign duties to other people so you don't have to worry about them. Share the responsibility. Maybe you're not used to this but do it now rather than wait until it all gets too much for you. Try to keep things memorable e.g. keep your bank card in your purse in your coat by the door so that you're never without it. I'm new to all this forum stuff and I have a habit of saying whats on my mind but support from those around you does make things easier. You also need people to realise that extra stress is unhelpful e.g. arguments etc. If my mum is exposed to stress now she cannot cope but she had anxiety problems before any of this happened anyway. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

eskimojo

Nov 11, 2011
Crewe UK
the electricity sometimes can not be kept topped up due to lack of money ie i get the child benifit payed to me so the electric is really up to me then......the diary thing seems a good idea and will put down on my christmas wish list for a couple....one for my appointments and things to do.....and another for family days out and dog shows....
thanks again everyone for the kind support jo x:)

carrie99

Apr 26, 2009
Yorkshire
Still posting!

It`s good to see you posting again. I hope you have been OK. xx

In fact I have been filming with the Alzheimer's for the next campaign called "Remember the person."
Some of the filming was done in London, and some were recording at home - the brought in someone to do the shots themselves.
So I am very much alive and kicking!
Otherwise still going on walks with the U3A. Last night I was singing in a concert, and as we have a big house we had over 20 people in the house.
So watch out for the new campagne
Bye for now

eskimojo

Nov 11, 2011
Crewe UK
when is the first time it will be on air as really want to watch it carrie99 and you sound like you have been a busy bee
jo x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Carrie. It`s great to hear how much you are doing.

When we don`t hear from people I always think the worst. Obviously I`m delighted I couldn`t be more wrong. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfisch