Cannot stand to see mum so upset

ooster22

Aug 11, 2011
Cornwall
Loo – my heart breaks for you and how sad your visits to Henry are at the moment, I have absolutely no answers - just utter empathy for the total emotional pain you are feeling.

I had written a long response and update on how my visits with mum are going but have just deleted the whole thing for various reasons. Over the last week or two, for the first time in a while, I had felt fairly ok with everything and even managed to have a good laugh or two. Now, the black cloud has descended well and truly again. I’m sure (or hope) it will lift again in due course but for now, suffice it to say, I'm back to feeling like the worst daughter in the world.

My love and hugs to you always.
xxxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Ooster,
I'm so sorry you've got the black cloud over you. I wish I could help. Would like to send you an orange brolly that blots out the cloud and sends down sunny rays.
Xxxx

xyz

Nov 23, 2011
Hi Ooster,

Firstly I apologise for not replying much sooner. I've been AWOL with other things and not logged lately.

Its so heartbreaking reading your thread, poor love. Seeing you loved ones like that must be terribly upsetting, I cant imagine. You sounds so close to her mum so its natural you feel pain at how rapidly this horrid disease has taken over your mum. But people on TP will be more familiar than I and can support more in the areas I don't know how to as yet cos my dad is living at home and working- mild alzheimer's/dementia. I totally understand the guilt (blasted thing has to rear its head time and time again with most of us the forum). I hope she has many 'up' meeting with her. Its sad to see your mum confusing her as the mother.

Can never prepare yourself for these things only go with it but that doesn't mean its easy. I agree with everyone else, don't apologise. The forum is there to gain info, advice, support from other and vice versa and you have had many experience voices and that's what we need in these moments. I hope this has helped you Hun. But don't ever apologise for how you are feeling. I've very pleased her OH convinced her to go to the concert and happy that the visit to mums before and she was in brighter spirits.

By the way who did you see in concert and did you have a great time? You certainly deserved it, you need to look after yourself and enjoy that time and not feel guilty or bad in any shape or form. Like you said it has been a long time coming before you did anything nice for you. I'm so proud of you for going and shocking out to the concert!!:D

Take care Hun, thinking of you

xxx xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Staffs