Mum is crossing over...

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
My step father waited until we left for lunch, after being with him remembering happy times like you have done today.

I feel she will not be alone. I am a strong believer that her loved ones will be with her.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear BB,

Thinking of your mum, you and all your family.

Peace and strength to you all xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
BB, hi
I hope that your mum's passing continues to be peaceful and knowing she is going to loved ones is so special.
Thinking of you and yours now and for the days and weeks to come, with kind regards from Jo

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
BB, thinking of you all at this very difficult time. Hope mum remains as comfortable as possible, and wishing you all strength.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
BB

Sorry to read about your mum's downturn. I hope that she continues to remain peaceful and that you and your family gain strength from knowing that she is not distressed or in pain. My thoughts are with you all.

Fiona

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Your dear mum is peaceful and without pain, and that must be a huge comfort to you.
Thinking of you and your family, and sending love,
Nan XXX

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
BB
I am sad to hear about your mum but am glad to hear that mum is peaceful
Love to you and your family x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hoping your Mum remains peaceful and wishing you strength at this difficult time.

Thinking of you.

Loo xx

minima

Nov 9, 2011
Mum...

Stay strong and I'm glad your Mum is peaceful and calm.
This isn't easy. We are into the last week to 10 days of my Mum's life - but it seems as if all is being well-managed for your Mum as it is for mine.
We are taking time as a family to exchange memories and goodbyes. I'm not sure Mum knows us in any way now but there is love in the room.
A hug and prayers coming your way.

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
Still clinging on..

Just thought I'd let you all know Mum is still clinging on! I was a little upset yesterday as they told me she was unable to swallow the paracetamol they were offering and yet had not started patches to cover any potential pain:rolleyes Still they went and got a fentanyl patch as soon as I said I felt we should be covering the possibility of pain whether or not it appears to be present, and to ensure the pain gates have a minimal opportunity to reopen.
My brother visited her yesterday - as I said before we don't get along so I just asked him of he would like me to giv them some time alone, and how long he expected to be so I could take over when he left. I also said we need to talk but he came up with a string of excuses and dates he was "away" on business I toel him if I didn't know when he was away I would not know what arrangements to make and he just said "Do what you have to do!" so I take that as carte blanche pemission to do just that.
I'm not sure whether to sleep in the home tonight they have offered me a bed, when I;m away form Mum I feel I should be there, but when I'm there I feel as if she is already in the hands of others, and that I would be more use supporting the rest of my family - whatever I do I will feel I got it wrong.
And now the meat hasn't thawed for dinner .....

Coletta

Jan 6, 2009
Souh East Essex
Hi Bristolbelle,
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how things were with you and your mum.
Sending love and a big hug at such a difficult time.

Coletta xx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Hi BB,

I know the strain of being pulled in two directions and it's never easy. I am pleased you haven't put yourself under the added pressure of having to be there, as you have the comfort of knowing she will slip away when she's ready. I always felt wrong being at home, and was unable to enjoy the children with mum on my mind every minute, and living on my nerves when the phone rang. Yet when I was with mum, alone with her in her world, I felt I was of better use at home...

Time will take care of it one way or another, so trust your judgements at each given moment, then you'll have no regrets.

Sending love at a very difficult and unique time, xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max69