Memory aids

Mark Aldiss

Hi

i put this up on my blog on this forum as well

I need some help finding out what technology is out there that I can talk to, that understands what I am saying and can react to what I am saying and do things for me, from simple switching things on and off to getting my bank balance or letting the doctors know when I am really ill just from the way I am speaking - even a bit of kit that can call the emergency services if I am really really ill.
I have grand mal epilepsy and lose memories when I have fits - the worst case was three years of memories - something to help with that would be good. Also something that is on all the time that can help focus my mind on what I am trying to remember when I am on the phone or talking with friends - any help would be useful
Also costs of such equipment please

towncrier

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
Hello Mark, I have only just seen your request for information, and I wondered what might be available to help you and remembered that dogs are used to help people with epilepsy. so I searched Google for "dogs for epileptics" and came up with a lot of sites you might want to look up as there are quite a few different organisations. Good luck. I hope you can get the help you need.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Mark

Does your local authority not have a careline service where they give you a phone and a pendant that you wear and press the button if you need assistance? My mother had a phone and it was great - they also recently added smoke detectors on to the service too - only cost something like £8 a month. Might not solve all your needs but could at least tick a good number of boxes for you.

Fiona

eskimojo

Nov 11, 2011
Crewe UK
the care line is brillant and they also install flood detectors and smoke alams and i also have a tablet thing that buzzes when my tablets are due so i dont forget them or take too many x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix