Online survey for carers aged 65+, £250 M&S voucher to be won

CJX

Jun 22, 2011
Hello,

I am undertaking a Health Economics PhD at Bangor University, investigating quality of life measurement for carers of people with dementia. As part of the study, an online survey has been created to test the suitability of two non-illness specific questionnaires that are used by health researchers to measure quality of life. One of these questionnaires is only used with people aged 65 or over so I am only looking for carers aged 65+ to take part in this online survey.

I would really appreciate it if any current or former carers (aged 65+) for a friend/family member with dementia could take 15-20 minutes to complete the online survey. Each person can only complete the survey once, but if you share caring with another person and they are aged 65+ they can also take part.

As a thank you to people for taking time out to help with the research, a prize of one £250 Marks and Spencer voucher is available. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by 31/12/11.

The survey and a detailed information sheet can be found online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Carersurvey

If anybody has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me either by a message on this forum or at c.l.jones@bangor.ac.uk.

Thank you for reading and considering taking part,

Carys Jones
Bangor University

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
I have too Winnie. :)

Well done we will hopefully both get an answer.

Hope you are both al-right. My husband had an assessment for an powered wheelchair today, we have been waiting for nearly 12 months, they had lost the paperwork so promised us it would be here within weeks. It will help me and my back so much. I am thrilled. x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
That's great news Winnie (about the chair, not about the survey).

How far did you get before being told you weren't eligible?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Great news Winnie [about the chair] :)

Jennifer, I completed the survey and was told I did not qualify.

CJX

Jun 22, 2011
Hi all,

Thank you to everybody that has completed the survey already. I have indeed approached a few other dementia and carer websites and am waiting for permission to see if I can post the link elsewhere.

I have emailed individuals back with the eligibility queries, the ones which have been an issue so far are Q2 (I have read and understood the info sheet). You need to say Yes to progress, the info sheet was the very first page of the survey. For Q9 (I have done the survey already) you need to say No to progress as each person can only complete it once. The survey has been set up so it can be accessed more than once, if you got an eligibility fail when you think you shouldn't have please try again :)

Carys

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Win and Grannie G,
You are obviously too young at heart, certainly not a bad thing in the scheme of things!
Rejuvinating best wishes from Jo

CJX

Jun 22, 2011
Many thanks to those who have already completed the survey. It is open until the end of December and we have now extended it to be postal. If anybody would like a copy of the survey posted to them with a freepost return envelope please let me know :)