I am a carer for my husband who hides objects around the house

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
That's a really good idea Chemmy, my mum only has things of sentimental value, but really important to us.

Now, has anyone any idea of where my mum's toothbrush might turn up, she used it yesterday morning and it's disapppeared by last night. I've made a start by looking in The Handbag with no luck, was a new one too! I imagine i'm going to find it carefully wrapped in kitchen roll somewhere today, hopefully :confused:

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Now, has anyone any idea of where my mum's toothbrush might turn up, she used it yesterday morning and it's disapppeared by last night. I've made a start by looking in The Handbag with no luck, was a new one too! I imagine i'm going to find it carefully wrapped in kitchen roll somewhere today, hopefully :confused:

Hope you find the toothbrush, Jennie. I hate it when mum loses stuff 'cos everywhere contains half hundredweight of used tissues and things & searching becomes "interesting"

Lin x

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Ooh that sounds horrible Lin! Luckily mum only uses clean bits stored in a pile by her chair or in The Handbag! no sign of the toothbrush yet luckily we did have a spare.

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
My husband does this all the time, recently it was keys, but they did turn up, but I have lost loads of household things, no use asking him where he has put them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bluebury

Jul 21, 2010
North Manchester

It is a brush so maybe she helped clean the toilet?

Redwitch

Mar 24, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Yesterday Mum did some ironing and everything she ironed ended up on her bed to put away, only none of it was hers:eek:.

Not sure how she'd look in OH's trousers:p

Jan

myheadisinaspin

Nov 6, 2008
marlow bucks uk
had to laugh at tissue comment lol mum has tissues used and claen everywhere like a paper trail, she has toilet rolls everywhere but in the bathroom, and i found ahalf eaten apple and loads of sweet wrappers in the loo which she had clearly emptied her bowels on, not happy ;( but of course its not her, never is.

as for toothbrush have plenty of spares lol ive found them in loo when she was trying to clean!!!!!!!!!

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Originally Posted by Chemmy
Funniest case I've heard of is when the staff have had to look for missing dentures Never mind someone's room - there's an chance they might be in another resident's mouth

Rolling about laughing at this

Yes there is a chance! It happened to my husband in hospital! The nurse put someone else's upper dentures in his mouth! :eek::eek: Not discovered until he said he had a sore gum - wrong fit.

Loo

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
I remember the old caretaker where I used to work decided to start wearing his 'best set' of dentures when he began walking out with a new lady friend. I think she told him his old ones were not very kissable. Trouble was, the 'new' set had been made for him so long ago that his gums had shrunk in the meantime. Bless him, he looked like a chimp! However, it was great to see him smile all the time, he was so proud of his sparkling teeth. :D

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
I was visiting a friend in hospital and on the ward was a little old lady with dementia. She was waiting to be admitted to a care home and had been on the ward for some time. One morning, all the patients wakened up and their false teeth were missing from the side of their bed. It turns out that the little old lady took serious objection to the folks not sharing their sweets and fruit with her that their visitors brought them. So, during the night she went round and stole everyone's teeth and put them in a carrier bag.

The next day was spent with the nurses letting everyone try on dentures out of the bag so see if they could find theirs. My friend said she was never so grateful that day to have her own teeth!

Fiona

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
A few years ago my elderly dad was in hospital and after supper the nurse came round and told everyone to put their teeth in the little pot on the locker beside the bed. When the nurse came back later to check on everyone she reminded my dad to put his teeth in the pot. "I can't he said, they're fixed in my head!" She would not believe him until he showed her. Then she called all the other staff to look at this miracle of a man of 80 who had teeth. This was in Glasgow, by the way. :D