A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Sorry you are unwell, Sylvia - I think, personally, that chocolate is the best cure for what you have. But then as you know now, i think that chocolate is the best cure for just about everything! Get well soon. love X

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you so much, everyone. It`s really lovely to feel such warmth coming over the www. When all is said and done, it`s only a chest infection.

I have dozed for most of the day and feel a bit better. I only start coughing when I talk or laugh.

Make of that what you will . ;)

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Sylvia, I hope you're feeling better soon. I honestly believe that I read that eating chocolate can soothe a tickly cough. My daughter is a GP and she says it's worth trying! (She may just be humoring me though!)

I'm glad that Dhiren is so settled now. It must make it a little easier when you're unable to visit, knowing that he's so well looked after. Rest as much as you can, so that you can be back to normal soon.

Take care,

Sue xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Izzy , Sarah and Sue.

Sue I honestly don`t think I could eat chocolate just now it is too sickly. [Can`t believe I`m saying that] :)

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Hi Sylvia, Just popped on for a few mins and sorry to read about your worry with Dhiren. Those phone calls are very alarming but it's good that you are kept informed. Interesting that his drug has been stopped reminds me of our journey ,isn't it interesting how at the start of the disease the drugs play such an important part and then way down the road they become irrelevant. Hope he continues to keep stable.
Hope your chest infection has improved ,take care of yourself ,Love Pat.x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I honestly don`t think I could eat chocolate

Now we know you're ill.

Let me clarify.:)

No, I couldn`t eat chocolate but I have found a most delicious Cough Lozenge which is almost addictive. I have crunched my way through the best part of a full packet. :eek:

Thank you Christine and Pat for your concern.

I didn`t have a very good night, woke with a coughing fit, but slept late and don`t feel so bad now. I have nothing to complain about . There are 24/7 carers who have worse conditions than this, while I only have myself to think about.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Well, you are allowed to think about yourself Sylvia, especially when you are under the weather.
PS, can I have the chocolate you don't fancy? ;)

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

Have just caught up with your thread. How lovely to hear that Dr K was really pleased with Dhiren when he saw him, and has taken him off the low-dose antipsychotic. You must have been so pleased to hear that.

Sorry, though, to read of Dhiren's upset over your having "lost the baby". Sometimes it is impossible to work out what triggers a train of thought, isn't it. But glad to see he was fine after your tearing in to see him. (How kind of your DIL to take you.)

I hope your chest infection is beginning to respond to the antibiotics and that you are perhaps now beginning to feel just a little better, although these things can sometimes be quite hard to shift. Do not rush things.

My appetite frequently increases when I am unwell. Just the thought of zero-calorie-cakes and unlimited chocolate is mind-blowing ... Do hope your appetite begins to pick up soon. In the meantime, stay warm and dry and take very good care of yourself.

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Nan. Lovely to hear from you.

I am self diagnosed with a chest infection. :eek:
I have been too unwell to get to the GP`s surgery and the last thing I want to do is sit in a waiting room with everyone coughing and spluttering around me so am hoping honey, ginger and lemon, Linctus and the delicious cough lozenges will do the trick. If not, I will see the GP when I can manage it.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Oh, Sylvia. Too poorly to get to the surgery ... As good as all of your remedies sound, I do hope that if you do not begin to feel much better very soon, you will ask your GP to come and see YOU at home, rather than go to the surgery. In the meantime, go easy on those cough lozenges.:)

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
you will ask your GP to come and see YOU at home,

Oh Nan. Chance would be a fine thing. :rolleyes:

It took me all my time to get the GP, good as he is, to make a home visit to Dhiren when he was unable to get in or out of a taxi, so I would only request a home visit if I was at death`s door.

I do feel much better than I did and believe a few days at home will do the trick.

In the meantime, go easy on those cough lozenges.

I havent the energy to go out to buy more Nan, so they are rationed. :)

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Tell me what they're called, Sylvia, and I'll send you fresh supplies!
Your postman will be the cavalry coming over the hill ...:)
Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Ah thank you so much Nan but I will be fine. I am hoping to venture out tomorrow even if it`s just to the post box.

I will be weighing in on Sunday so don`t want to blot my copy book by blaming cough sweets for a gain. ;)

Enough about me. How are you Nan.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
To tell you the truth, I am very much up and down lately. And the continual wet and windy weather is not much help. Have been busying myself with trips to the local shopping centre getting in Christmas presents for the grandchildren and doing lots of sewing - for the house, not for myself. All very, very basic stuff but it occupies me and that's what I need just now.

Went to see a solicitor yesterday afternoon with instructions for my Will. Brian and I never got around to it. While there, he set forth lots of good reasons why I should do a PoA at the same time, but quoted a figure, including "registration fees", of £800. That seemed an awful lot to me so when he concluded his spiel with the question would I be considering doing it, I just said "Not at this stage." Perhaps it was because I was using the Will Aid arrangement for making my Will? The Solicitors who take part in this arrangement waive their fees and the sum of £85 goes to about nine charities instead, which include The Red Cross, NSPCC and Age Concern. Appointments can only be made in November each year. The leaflet was in a Red Cross letter to me or I would not have heard of it.

Have just watched the forecast for tomorrow - more rain, some of it heavy, with perhaps just a chance of it clearing in the afternoon. I think I shall consider hibernation.

Take care of yourself, Sylvia. Wrap up warmly, even if it is mild.

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s tough trying to adjust to a new way of life Nan and trying to fill your days.

I suppose the one advantage of being off colour is being quite contented to stay at home without feeling bored or lonely.

We have mutual PoAs, with our son as third party, and made our wills when we moved down here , so everything is in order.

I just need the courage to pre book funerals.

Take care Nan

Status
Not open for further replies.