Another bad hair day

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Oh dear I seem to be having a bad hair day today
for the 2nd time this week I've boiled a saucepan dry:eek:
This one has cleaned up a bit easier than the one I burnt our whole years harvest of beetroot in:eek::eek::eek:
I feel really lethargic and down today
I find it so hard that I cant drive
I want to go out to play
Oh dear I do sound a spoilt brat
think I'll go back to bed for a bit and see if that helps

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Loads of hugs.

Have you got a kitchen timer you can carry with you? I have to set mine for 10 minutes and then I remember to go back and check, reset and repeat. I am dreadful and tend to go off somewhere and forget that I am supposed to be cooking. Bicarb does great things to a burnt on saucepan. ;)

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Sorry to hear you're having a bad day, Sarah.

Be gentle with yourself. Try and take it easy, if you can, and give yourself a break.

Hugs

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Awww! Sending hugs!

Attachments

• hugs-1447.gif
    hugs-1447.gif
    183.8 KB · Views: 611

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh dear Sarah - sorry you have had a difficult time. I hope you have rested well today and don't forget an extra hour in bed tonight - clocks back (fall back, spring forward :rolleyes:).

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Yesterday was a bad hair day

It was our monthly Scrap and Yap our cardmaking and scrapbooking group and Susan who I do it with was poorly
I felt a bit nervous as I've felt a bit off and amongst other things put on 2 pairs of knickers !

I got up and Celia said she would take me plus all my equipment

I got confused about coming back and thought she was picking me up but as I got out of the car she said something like I guess youre coming home on the bus give me a call if you need a lift

As its a bit tight at home looking after Lucy I decided I'd get the bus back

Had a bit of a crisis of confidence about what I'd prepared to demonstrate to the group
So I didnt do it despite all the preparation (was going to show people how to make a Christmas pudding card)
I had cut some reindeer and trees for people one person had a go at those

Fay had made a teabag folding card so she showed Jill how to make one
I bought some mince pies and crisps for the group

Most people wanted to leave earlier than the end as they had things to do
so I decided I'd get the bus home and i had got all my stuff in a trolleyso thought I'd be ok

My eyes have been hurting so I got some eye drops on the way to the bus station

I got to the bus station very out of breath and just as I got to the bay the bus started pulling out:( I waved my stick and rushed towards the bus

The driver acknowledged me . . . . . . . and drove off leaving a very cross, disgruntled me
we live in a village and only get a bus every 2 or 3 hours

I decided I'd get a bus to our nearest village and ask someone to pick me up from there saving them petrol and time

Got on the next bus only to find I'd left my bus pass at home:mad::mad::mad:
Paid my fare found a seat and then rang home

No reply, rang someone else no reply, tried home again still no reply:eek:
rang someone else no reply, rang home left a msg but was sure noone would listen to it.
Finally rang celias mobile and miracle she answered!
She said Harriet was out with the car but would tell her I needed a lift from outside the chapel

She then rang me back to say Harriet was at a friends in the village i was now aiming for and to make my way to her friends house:confused: I said I'd got all my stuff, Celia thought I'd leave it at the Jesus Centre which was fair enough I had mooted the idea

I dont remember why but I do remember saying loudly on a bus full of people into my phone "that I couldnt be arsed"

Trundled my stuff to said friends house was very grumpy by this time:eek::eek::eek:

Harriet then brought me home, where I had some lunch and then went to bed for the rest of the day

I did get up in the evening and Celia took me to visit her sister which was nice and relaxing

Sorry its such along post I feel exhausted just writing it;)

Got off the bus at the wrong stop:mad::mad::mad:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oh Sarah what an awful day. Such a shame you couldnt do your demonstration, can you do it another time?

I think yesterday, for some, was a bad day all day, not even a full moon was it - :D

Wish I lived nearer so I could have come and picked you up :(

Hopefully today will be better for you xx

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Poor Sarah, what a day! Must say,tho', I would have felt like cheering you on when you yelled into your 'phone on the bus :D, probably took a few by surprise :D:D

Lin x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sarah , Just sending much Love , Peace & Comfort for today & the Days & Weeks to come

Am :) that you had a lift Home in the end & think we all have Bad Days some times Sarah !

Take Care

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Me too Sarah. Hope you have a better day today. It's sunny but very windy here. Take care. x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
this morning I went into the garden to pick some herbs to discover my bird table has blown over and looks beyond repair (and was from my Dad )
and that the builders had been to take the ivy off the house and have totally demolished (couldnt spell anihalated!!) my evergreen honeysuckle(also from my Dad) and done damage to my clematis both of which i had trained over a tree to make a sweet smelling hidey hole where I like to sit.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek
better get back to cooking my lasagne

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh, gosh Sarah, that's not good. Not good at all.
I don't know what to say about the bird table, but with any luck the honeysuckle and clematis will benefit from the impromptu pruning and come back stronger next year.
Oh flippin' heck.:(

geum123

May 20, 2009
Goodness Sarah,
Just wanted to say that I am sorry you had such an absolutely lousy day yesterday,
and that today the Builders have done for your clematis and honeysuckle.:eek:

Fingers crossed that they will regenerate come the spring.
Perhaps a bit of a mulch around them would help?

Upsetting about your bird table though. I am sorry.

Hope the coming week will be a better one for you.:)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Hope it gets better made the lasagna but others decided it needed veg with it so having announced 3 times to no avail that dinner was ready they then had to wait for veg!
Lucy said she fancied a chop for lunch was just defrosting them when her buzzer went off for the umpteenth time and she then said she wanted pork pie Too late !

geum123

May 20, 2009
Oh dear.
You sound to be doing your best Sarah. That's all you can do.

Do you do it on your own, or take it in turns, or all muck in?

Harriet66

Mar 23, 2011
Hi Sarah, Send those builders who ruined your honeysuckle/clematis to me. I spend my working life ranting at builders who trash people's plants and I,m quite good at reducing them to jelly now! They wouldn't appreciate someone walking through their freshly laid cement, so why can't they have respect for someone else's work? I once found a builder chucking bricks/wood/the remains of his lunch out of a window onto a bed I had just planted up of newly divided irises. Grrrr!
The suggestion of a bit of mulch especially for the evergreen honeysuckle was a good one. If the weather gets really cold, try putting some horticultural fleece around it too - the evergreen ones can be a bit on the tender side. Good luck - I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

All the best,

Harriet