is it inevitable?

sujata

Dec 27, 2006
Hi, i have just registered. I felt so much lighter to see so many other people like me. I teach post graduate students now. But ever since college I used to be teased for forgetfulness. I used to devise strategies that would compensate for my poor memory then and I still do so.
Pl keep me posted about the latest updates on what I can do to prevent(if possible, that is) AD happening to me. I am 38. Both my mum and grandmother were AD patients. Mum was a teacher too.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Just like to say Wecome .

Lots of links on
keep me posted about the latest updates on what I can do to prevent(if possible, that is) AD happening to me

the home page link top left of this page . Who care for your mother Now ?

nice

Aug 24, 2006
sujata said:
Hi, i have just registered. I felt so much lighter to see so many other people like me. I teach post graduate students now. But ever since college I used to be teased for forgetfulness. I used to devise strategies that would compensate for my poor memory then and I still do so.
Pl keep me posted about the latest updates on what I can do to prevent(if possible, that is) AD happening to me. I am 38. Both my mum and grandmother were AD patients. Mum was a teacher too.

Don't panic if you forget things, just relax and they'll be more likely to come to you; the more het-up you get the worse it will get. You could try memory exercises, meditation etc. One thing is for sure, the more stressed you make yourself about bad memory the worse it'll get, so don't get yourself in a tiz.

Another thing, don't draw parallels with your mum and gran (i.e your mum was a teacher too), it doesn't matter, your an individual and dementia is not 'passed down'. My own theory is that the more one focuses and becomes anxious about such a thing happening, the more likely it is to happen. So don't agitate your brain, worrying is the cause of many diseases, but you won't find that in any medical book. Chill out and enjoy your life. What will be, will be, don't worry :)