Cancer now ? Why me?

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Linda, just wanted to add my best wishes for tomorrow. So glad your daughter has popped back. Hope your last meal before the op comprises some chocolate somewhere! You could get through quite a lot in an hour, take it from One Who Knows.:)
Kind regards

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Linda,
Just been catching up on your news and am sending you all the best wishes in the world. Love Jancis xxx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
just had a huge bowl of home made soup mmmmmm....:D

weird to be drinking soup at this time of the night but hey ho, needs must lol!

Afraid i dont have any chocolate in.... could you send me some deborah within the next 10 minutes :confused:

Linda xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Linda, hi
Positive TP vibes for tomorrow and I'll be thinking of you and wishing the hunger pangs away.

Looking forward to hearing from you after the event, with best wishes from Jo

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Update........

OK i have the mad woman on the phone as i type this to you all for the latest update of Linda.

"quote unquote from Linda"

The biopsy went well, but (shes heavy breathing down the phone right now and i cant concentrate), LOLOLOL, there was a minor complication with her eyes.. Apparently only one in god knows how many thousands get this and of course she got it. Symptoms are eyes work but on their own accord. Basically she can look left and right at same time. LOLOLOL.

The surgeon decided to send her for eye test, this showed abnormal but CT Scan showed normal. On her return the surgeon decided that she should see with out hesitation a neurologist - which is what she she has been fighting for all this time and with the useless Psych 2!!!!!!

Her MSP has also demanded a meeting with head of her local health area but this we will wait and see!

We will be seeing Psych 2 next week and it will be interesting to see her face when told about the neurologist, (although Linda actually said in my ear when she punches her!!!!) LOL.

For now i will leave it there and i think Linda may be able to get on line over the weekend and she will fill you in properly.

Thanks to all for you thoughts.

xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Many Thanks Imac for the update ! & very pleased for Linda that her Consultant has taken some Positive Action ! :) & WELL DONE Consultant for doing so ! !

Sending you much Love & Support Linda for your next Hospital Appt / Treatment

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thanks for the update, imac. Good surgeon being on the ball and saying Linda must see a neurologist. So much for the useless Psych 2... :(

Thinking of you, Linda

With love
Loo xxx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
update as promised

Hi again friends.

as promised yesterday heres a wee update on whats been happening!

As you know i went in to hosp for the laryngoscopy and pharyngoscopy and biopsy. i was supposed to be a day patient but 4 days later i was still in! Imac has explained a fair bit and thanks to her for doing that. I had a weird reaction to the general anaesthetic which affected my eyesight so was taken over to another hospital by ambulance the day after the op. The woman i saw was pretty rude to me and i had to refrain from kicking her shins lol. she asked what i was there for and i handed over my records which i had been given from the ward. i struggled a bit to explain the op and she started laughing. i then explained to her that i am currently under investigation for early onset and she laughed again and said it just sounded so funny because i couldnt get my words out!!:mad: so no points for her on tactfullness. anyway i was sent back to the original hosp and expained what had happened. the doctors and anaesthatist werent happy and said i had to see an orthoptist. i also had on of my teeth broken slightly during the op so also had to get that fixed! my ct scan was normal so that was great. the docs were concerned re brain so are referring me urgently to a neurologist which is wonderful.

i was discharged as i said but at the weekend had to go to the out of hours service at the hosp as i was in an awful lot of pain in my neck and ear. the dr said all was ok and to double up on the painkillers. of course i did this only for me to have a bad reaction to that and was sick :eek: last week the pain was almost unbearable and i went to my own gp who checked my throat and ears and said i had a bad infection and i am now on antibiotics. the good news here is that after taking only a couple of them i immediately felt better. woo hoo.:)

moving on to this week, imac and i went to see my least favourite person in the world and she is known to us all as psych 2 !!

she had referred me to the clinical director of psychology and i met her yesterday. What a wonderful woman !!!! she was fabulous and very very open and honest. so to make it short, i have to see her again in 2 week intervals for an hour to do more assesements. she said hopefully i should have some form of diagnosis between xmas and new year! she asked if i was prepared for bad news and i said yes i am. so i guess we will wait and see what happens but so far she seems to be very very knowlegable as this is her area of expertise which is great for me and at long last i feel like i am getting somewhere. hopefully by the end of the year i will have seen the neurologist and have my appt for the psychiatrist in december so fingers crossed everytrhing will cme together. :)

i scored 75/100 on the addenbrooks test which wasnt a shock really but she said it did show the areas where i am struggling ie memory, language and speech.

anyway,before this turns into more of a book than a thread i'd better stop typing!!

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my threads and posts. you are all very very much appreciated and i thank you for being there for me before my op and in all those other waiting rooms recently. :D no wonder i couldnt get a seat :p

Take care

Linda xxx

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Wow Linda what a lot you have been going through. I am shocked at the person who laughed at you, I only hope that one day she is in a similar position. :mad:

It sounds as if you have finally made contact with the right person and will get the care you need.

Loads of hugs.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I can't believe that person laughed at you. She should be disciplined.

It is good to hear from you again though. Sending hugs. x

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Hi Linda,
Glad to hear things seem to be moving on at last.
Just one question,.....Why did you refrain from kicking her shins?

Lin x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa