Dad's journey is over - I feel calm

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Dad passed away peacefully in hospital on Saturday with Mum, me and my husband by his side, and all I feel is love for him and an overwhelming sense of relief and calm.

I can't stop crying but I can smile and laugh too at fond memories - is that odd?

He will be laid to rest on Friday in our ancient little village cemetery overlooking the sea; a non-religious service with poetry readings from his family and friends. :)

My best wishes, thanks and thoughts go out to you all.

Nicky xxxxxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hello, I'm so sorry you have lost your Dad, but what a lovely post to read. He left you feeling comforted and not remembering a horrid battle. Of course it's not odd to smile and laugh at memories. His funeral sounds like it is to be a true thanksgiving for his life and legacy and I can only hope that at the end of it, you can say we did it right for you Dad.
Love and peace, Maureen.x.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Peapod, please accept my condolences at this time. I do understand about the mixed emotions, we also felt a sense of calm and relief, and are able to laugh and cry at memories. The arrangements you have made sound perfect.

My very best wishes to you all xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Peapod:
I am sorry to hear your news. Its good you were there with your Dad at his passing and your plans for laying him to rest sound lovely.

TP is still here for you if you need it. Best wishes

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Peapod, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. Please accept my sincere condolences, and yes, it is quite possible and OK to have very mixed emotions.
Stay strong. Your father is at rest now and your arrangements for his funeral sound lovely.
Kind regards Deborah

4chris

Aug 29, 2011
cheshire uk
Dad passed away peacefully in hospital on Saturday with Mum, me and my husband by his side, and all I feel is love for him and an overwhelming sense of relief and calm.

I can't stop crying but I can smile and laugh too at fond memories - is that odd?

He will be laid to rest on Friday in our ancient little village cemetery overlooking the sea; a non-religious service with poetry readings from his family and friends. :)

My best wishes, thanks and thoughts go out to you all.

Nicky xxxxxx

god bless best whishes

Redwitch

Mar 24, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Condolences

Sorry to read your post Peapod, your Dad is at peace now, and I am really pleased that you feel able to look back at the fond memories.

Sending you a big (((Hug)))

Jan

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Nicky/Peapod,

Your plans for the service for your dad sound really lovely.
I am so glad to see you are feeling calm and relieved. May that stay with you.
And laughter is just what your dad would have wanted. (The tears will come anyway.)

Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Please accept my very sincere condolences for the loss of your father. I think your funeral plans sound lovely. I hail from Pembrokeshire as does my husband and I still regard it as home. I don't want to upset you in any way but would you mind if I pm'd you about the whereabouts of your ancient village cemetary?
In love and sympathy X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Peapod , Am so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad , my sympathy to you & all the Family at this sad time . The plan for the Service sounds lovely

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandrah1952