Cancer now ? Why me?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Linda, I'm so sorry - I missed this thread and have only just realised what you're going through. What can I say, other than I am thinking of you. x

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Folks i made a mistake its today linda is going for her pre op consultation, i had it for yesterday.

Strong vibes required for her today xxxxxxxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thinking of you Linda and sending all very best wishes to you . Someone said to me - after the rain, comes a rainbow, and I will hope for that for you too.
Love,

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Linda , Hope all went well for you to day ( at the Hospital ) & sending much Love & Support to you for the Day's & Weeks to come

Love & Hugs Grove x x

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Thank you all very very much for your kind wishes.

The hospital appt yesterday was fine, just basically making sure im fit for surgery on tuesday. Im actually ok about tuesday and just want to get it over with really. my only worry is the effects of the anaesthetic and how it affects dementia so will speak to the anaesthatist to see what he/she says. not a lot i can do about it as the laryngoscopy and biopsy has to be done under a GA anyway.

The nurse said the biopsy will be taken from my larynx as opposed from my throat so thats the only info i have really and also that the results will take 10 to 14 days.

Hoping you are all well and behaving yourselves. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your concern and unending kindness.

Linda

Ps family ie brothers and sisters have no idea as to whats happening - didnt tell them - as STILL waiting on phone call from any of them re the dementia !! Thank God for friends.

xxxxx

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Glad your hospital visit went well yesterday & that you fe el OK about Tuesday procedure. I'm sure they will keep the anaesthetic as light as they can & not keep you under any longer than absolutely necessary.

We'll all be with you every step of the way & will all be sending the strongest positive vibes for a good result.

I have an inkling how you feel about your siblings as my brother is very similar :mad:
There's a lot of truth in the old saying about being able to choose your friends but being stuck with family :rolleyes: (Excuse my paraphrase please folks :eek:)
Hope your brothers & sisters come through for you in the end.

Love
Mo
x

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Shes a strong lady our Linda. Shes been very upbeat about the whole thing and ended up listening to me having a rant on the phone yesterday instead of me supporting her!

Her lovely husband will be attending the hospital with her on Tuesday, but she has a wonderful thing happening today tomorrow and early tuesday, her daughter who works abroad is coming home for a stop over stay between being relocated to another nice hot country, and i know this is one of the main things that she is doing so well.

I wish her much strength and love and if Linda wishes (still not got total access back due to fuzzed laptop), i will let you all know how it goes. xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Linda

Sorry some of your family have let you down. We will all be with you in spirit on Tuesday even if we are unable to be with you in person.

Please feel the strength of your Circle of Friends surrounding you. xx.
Circle of Friends.jpeg

PS. Just read imac`s post. So pleased your daughter will be with you.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Linda

Wishing you the best outcome on Tuesday. You are a strong and brave young woman.

Have a lovely time with your daughter, as I'm sure you will.

Families... well I guess several of us know what they can be like. Hopefully they will eventually make some effort, but as you say thankfully there are friends.

Love
Loo xxx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Thanks again for your kind words.

well. tomorrow is the big day! only have an hour left to have something to eat as not allowed anything after 10pm. today has been great spending time with my daughter whos on a flying visit from work. (arrived home 10pm last night from cyprus and flying out 5pm tomorrow night to teneriffe).

Strangely im not at all nervous about tomorrow but i guess we will see what im like at 10am tomorrow morning :eek:

Thanks again for all your kind wishes and i'll speak to you all very soon. take care all.

Linda xxx

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Enjoy your meal and best wishes for tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it.

Love Lin x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Linda , Hope you are able to read this ! , just Wishing you well for tomorrow & adding my Positive Vibes also for a good out come

Take Care

Love & BIG HUGS Love Grove x x x

Last edited: