I can never win

Chris

May 20, 2003
Who does Carers Assessments?

Hello Barraf

I'm interested to know who is carrying out Carers Assessments - Social Workers or specially recruited staff - if the latter, where are they from , what training and experience do they have ?

Any info from any part of the country would be good - this is a new development and we could folow whats happening natiopn wide on this Forum . Oohh the strength in numbers !!

This process could really be the key to getting better and more services and help - but only if its done properly. It will be too easy to guide the carer into asking for what is already on offer & no more !!! We must raise our expectations I think. What does anyone else think?

HELEN

Jul 16, 2004
wales
Hi
I've just had a carers assessment which was carried out by mums social worker.

Take care all

Helen

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Hello
I have had a reply today from SS. as below.

Re; Assessment.
At the present time within Social Services, the volume of work is such that we are having to prioritise referrals in terms of urgency/risk. Consequently this may mean that there may be some delay before we can offer you an assessment.

They go on to say someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

It seems to me that those who shout loudest get the soonest attention.

barraf

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Barraf,

See if you can circumvent the SS system by phoning your local authority Socal Care Team. They can also carry out the assessment and hopefully within days, rather than weeks.

Jude

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry, thought that was who you meant Barraf as thats who did my mum's. If it's SS in general, then Jude is absolutely right. Love, She. XX