I am releasing a song to raise money & awareness for the Alzheimers Society

phil100

Sep 22, 2011
My name is Phil Lewis. I am an independent singer/songwriter from Cardiff.

On 10/10/11 I will be releasing a digital single called Dripping Away. All proceeds from this single will be donated to the Cardiff Branch of the Alzheimer’s Society.

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 63. He died just seven years later, at the age of 70. Over the years, he became virtually unrecognisable from the father who nurtured and raised me. The song details my emotional reaction to what was happening to my dad while he had the disease. You can, if you wish, watch a moving video to accompany the song on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQPuAgdQJ4

Dripping Away was awarded a semi-final place in this year’s UK Songwriting Contest. The competition received well over 6,000 entries and judges included top producer Stuart Epps (Elton John, Robbie Williams, Led Zeppelin, Bill Wyman, Paul Weller, Oasis), BRIT Award winning producer, songwriter and musical director Simon Ellis (S Club 7, Britney Spears) and the legendary producer, musical director and arranger Richard Niles (Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue, Boy Zone, Take That, Mariah Carey, Cliff Richard).

I'm interested in hooking up with anybody that feels that they can support me in any way - whether its writing about the song on their blog or simply buying the single and talking about it to spread the message.

Thanks

Phil

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
That is so hauntingly beautiful, Phil.

I so admire anyone who can raise awareness (and fundraise) through such talent and creativity.....

Every success to your project. Thank you for such poignant lyrics and a very moving video.

Love Karen, x

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Wow Phil,
Your lyrics and voice and music and the visuals were FANTASTIC. Absolutely brilliant. I cannot praise you enough. "dripping away" says it ALL for me.

I hope you get wider recognition and the folks on this website listen and connect you. Dementia Awareness Day (DADS) was launched recently - I think this campaign needs YOU!!!

I'm going to have to play this again, even though it makes me so sad.

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hi Phil

I must compliment the wonderful interpretation of your emotional journey during the decline of your fathers health.

I wish you success with future sales of Dripping Away.

Best wishes

Hazel

phil100

Sep 22, 2011
Single raising money for Alzheimer's Society now available

For anybody that wants it, the single is now available to pre-order. See http://bit.ly/oZqmU4 for further details. Every sales matters!

NewKid

Mar 26, 2009
Warwickshire
A very moving tribute and a lovely song

Congratulations Phil on being awarded so highly and for producing such a beautiful song. It's a lovely tribute to your Dad and the thoughtful and loving words resonate with me as I see my real Mum slipping away. I hope you raise lots of money on behalf of all of us affected. Thanks for doing this.

NewKid

Mar 26, 2009
Warwickshire
PS: Your song has made me think very fondly of my Mum tonight, the sweet depleted person that is her now as well as the capable strong-minded Mum of before. Very touched by the combination of your words and that video.