Clothes for Care Home

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Serena, how are you.?
Thanks for your reply. If only my mum would wear trousers. The only time she has worn trousers is on holiday. At the moment mum has no incontinence problems and can dress herself. Tights are not the easiest item to put on. Sadly mum has always been very fussy about clothes and will not wear jumpers or tops, only cardigans and blouses.

Turbo

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Turbo

Trust all well with you? I am OK thank you, definitely hanging on in there.

I guess it may be a case of 'going with the flow'
Absolutely nobody would want to force your Mum into clothes she is not happy with and if change can't be managed easily, any sort of upset at this point may be detrimental for her.

As she is able to dress herself and will want blouses and cardies and skirts perhaps this will be the way to go with a massive supply of labelled up tights and see how things progress.
Perhaps the Care Home can give you advice on what fabrics really will not work in their laundry based on their practical experience, so your Mum's wardrobe can be adjusted to cope with this, unless some delicate items can be dry-cleaned....

Still all tricky for you, so wish you luck

All best to you and your Mum

Love and Light, Serenaxx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Serena, thank you for your lovely post. I have stocked up on tights today as I am visiting next weekend. Jennifer recommended a lingerie wash bag for tights but I couldn't find one today so I will look online. I do want Mum to feel happy in the clothes she is wearing.

Turbo

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Turbo

You are very welcome, good to hear the stockpile of tights is being built up! If you saw the 'industrial quantity' of knickers I amassed for Mum, you would fall about laughing!++ I guess you will now find a tights bag on-line fairly easily and you'll be all set up.

Love and Light, Serenaxx

++PS I am not being insulting, it's just that humour works for me, rather laugh than cry if poss....., probably go nuts otherwise!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Serena, that did make me laugh (out loud.) The 'never knowingly undersold' store has the lingerie laundry bags. (Not sure if we can mention names).

Turbo

theoldbat

May 11, 2008
West Sussex
clothes for Mum in CH

You did make me chuckle.....knickers in industrial quantities - indeed!!! [i've got that syndrome too-so pleased i'm not alone!] I've not been on this forum much, but really need some help please..... Have found skirts for Mum, but need to find Long Sleeved blouses in soft brushed cotton [CH laundry proof!] - she gets so cold, the CH is fairly baking, but her circulation is awful - any suggestions?? Something like TShirt fabric.... but with buttons down the front........... Any help gratefully received.

Last edited:

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Have a look on ebay under jersey blouse, there are quite a few on there. How about those thin polo neck jumpers that can be worn on their own or under a blouse or cardigan? Think I saw some very reasonably priced on Amazon not long ago.

Fiona