My George has passed away

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved George. I hope you will find comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering. Don't distress yourself over the timing of his passing - some things are beyond our control - as with everything else connected with this dreadful disease.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Willsar,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your dear George.
Do try not to be distressed about the timing of it.
I think you have had some very sound advice here.
Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

Sox

Mar 12, 2011
Dear Willsar I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved George. I too feel that perhaps he chose his time to leave so that you were not upset to see him go. I have been told several times that patients will "hold on" as long as a family member is present. Take care and accept all the help you are offered. Sox

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I wasn't there when my dad passed. I had wanted to be, but having been there with him for so many hours, I had gone home to get some sleep. I can't turn back the clock, and so took the view that I wouldn't be upset by something I couldn't change.

Yes we are all here, just the other side of the screen, but if you feel you need to talk to a real person, please do take Beckyjan's and give the Samaritans or perhaps Cruse a call. Cruse Bereavement Care promotes the well-being of bereaved people and enables anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss.

www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk

Daytime Helpline: 0844 477 9400

helpline@cruse.org.uk

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
I know the feeling about not being with George when he passed away. I still feel guilty about leaving Bryan that evening. I am so sorry and am thinking about you.
Love and hugs Muriel xxxx:confused:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to hear about your George passing. Sending you my sincere condolences. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Willsar, I am very sorry for your loss. Please look after yourself. Don't hesitate to keep posting. Kind regards. Deborah

sanford99

Account Closed
Aug 2, 2011
Am so sorry...........am typing this crying, so excuse the typos...... :confused:

At times I like to think they chose the time to go............so I get sense of peace out of it..........I trust their judgement..and you must too..................may take some time but it will eventually make sense..........so trust.......hard at times but we need to.......... he wanted to save you; he loved you; so, for now, just accept that.........he wanted to go alone........let him have that last decision:) ............ big hugss..xxxxxxx

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Willsar, I am so sorry to read about your George. Please accept my sympathies at this very sad time. xx

willsar

Dec 27, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am sorry I have not replied before. We have the funernal next Friday. Such a long way to go yet. I am still reading the posts on the forum, one day I may be able to add words of comfort to you all and maybe selfishly I take comfort from the fact that Georges suffering is over from this dreadful disease, please believe I will do all I can to raise funds to support the Alzhiemers Society to continue to support all you amazing people who continue to help their families who suffer from this illness whatever form it takes. Take care all of you and thank you for your support.