Today's Guardian seems to refer to the case of Mr A and his Dad

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
The judge said this case - unusually - could be reported because of its public interest as regards matters such as DoL.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Well thank goodness someone has at last taken him seriously.

I hope both he and his Dad will be reunited soon.

I AM SO PLEASED MR A.

:):):):):):):):)

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Absolutely amazing

Goodness me, I didn't expect this to happen - Mr A has actually managed, against so much controversy and adversity, to get his case heard AND reported in real time by the COP! The break with protocol by the (secret) Court is a triumph in itself. I hope there will be more good news to come.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
The Times, page 17

It's worth reading the story in The Times too as it gives a little more information.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi all,

I've moved this thread from the main Support forum to 'Raising Awareness': as it relates to a news story, this seems like a more appropriate home. :)

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
It's worth reading the story in The Times too as it gives a little more information.

Unfortunately I don't subscribe to Times On Line. Are there any points you could PM me?

Thanks.

Well done Mr A for getting the legal system to listen to you.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I may have missed Mr A's posts explaining the case as I have never quite understood the inns and outs up to now. The report laid out the facts clearly which for the first time I understand.

One thing which does come immediately to my mind is the high handed manner in which the local authority social services department have acted.

Without proof, and, as Mrt A states, only after dispute had arisen, did they claim that Mr A had abused his father. It does make me agree that this was only brought into play because they did not want him to have unsupervised visits with his father.

Begs the question of why they had allowed unsupervised visits prior to this?

xxTinaT

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Hi all,

It is good that this case is being highlighted. It is so important that people recognise how frustrating this system can be and that some people have too much power.

No person should be deprived of seeing their relative. That is not care.

I hope things improve for this man and his son...

EmJ

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I am delighted for Mr Angry. The Deprivation of Liberty laws give such huge powers to the authority that this case needs to be heard in public. And I wish Mr Angry and his father the very best of luck.

If they are using the fact that there has been no contact between son and father for three months as a reason to keep him in care, well, that is dreadful.

I do feel strongly about this case.

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Just read reports in today's papers. Regardless of what the outcome is in this case a very important precedent has now been set re openness & COP.

Good luck to Mr A.
Regards
Germain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet