Strange happenings at my house

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
It's 10.30pm and I was just about to go to bed when I saw the top light in the spare room flashing on and off. Nothing strange about that you would think, except the light switch was OFF:eek:

This has only ever happened once before in the 36 years I have lived in this house and that was a few months after my father died fifteen years ago- it has never happened since:confused:

My son asked me what I thought David was trying to tell me - possibly that he's just found he is going to have Amy Winehouse as a neighbour:)

SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
It's 10.30pm and I was just about to go to bed when I saw the top light in the spare room flashing on and off. Nothing strange about that you would think, except the light switch was OFF:eek:

This has only ever happened once before in the 36 years I have lived in this house and that was a few months after my father died fifteen years ago- it has never happened since:confused:

My son asked me what I thought David was trying to tell me - possibly that he's just found he is going to have Amy Winehouse as a neighbour:)

SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!

Love your comment about Amy Winehouse,

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
The OT saw the same thing in my mum's house - it was a dodgy low-energy bulb sent by an energy company! Changed that, the flashing light stopped - but I was scared the whole house was about to go up in flames....

But who knows really.......? ;)

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
My son has a low energy light bulb that could give Bishops Rock light house a runs for its money.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
.....I've checked and it's not a low energy light bulb - it's one of the old types which hasn't yet been changed:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I find it very strange that it has only ever happened on two occasions - after someone close has died - or maybe that's what I want to believe.......

Love

kazza73

Feb 11, 2009
Perthshire Scotland
.....I've checked and it's not a low energy light bulb - it's one of the old types which hasn't yet been changed:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I find it very strange that it has only ever happened on two occasions - after someone close has died - or maybe that's what I want to believe.......

Love
If the switch is off then it shouldn't be the bulb. I suppose it could be a loose wire in the switch or something but I like your theory.
Sounds as if you are comforted by the idea it might be a message from David which is lovely.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
I had a lot of funny things happen a few weeks after dad died, and they included lights dimming on and off. Never happened before or since.

The weirdest time was when I was on the phone to my sister. She was telling me about how her bathroom door had slammed shut when she was crying alone in her room. It shocked her out of her grief, and when she went to check, no windows were open and no obvious explanation was in sight. I was listening to her story, comforted by it, yet with goosebumps up my arms, and I went on to say that i hadn't had a sign at all. Dad had promised to send us one!!! Then, as i said the words "send me a sign..." the kitchen lights dimmed suddenly and dramatically. It made me gasp! I laughed and said it was cheap lightbulbs, but when I put the phone down, my husband said the lights in the living room had also flashed. Can't be dodgy bulbs all over the house! (equally, could have been a surge, but the timing...?)

I do believe in signs, and I have felt strong presence on a few occasions, even the smell of dad on one occasion.

Whether it happens or we want to believe it happens isn't really the point. It's whether it makes you smile that matters. I've scowled at "dad" a few times now, when he's turned the tv on, then off (last week). Remotes control on the table and dad messing around! I like to believe what I believe. :)

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
We had a strange happening at my Mums house I remember being told as a teenager that when another family member had died a crow flew into the window with a loud bang, and when myself and my children went to Mums house before her funeral the same thing happened a crow flew into the window, something that had never happened before in my lifetime, it really scared my daughter too, my Gran used to feed the crows at the bottom of the garden when I was a child and called them Gods chickens, the house was out in the country with a large garden, my Mum fed them too, life is strange at times.

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
I've just remembered another strange happening, at my cousins funeral! she had once told me that she wanted to come back as a butterfly and at her funeral in a large hall I noticed a butterfly flying around was this a coincidence? it flew right around me and it was not the sort of place you would expect to see a butterfly.