FIL Fading Away

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
We have been told today that FIL is fading away. Even I can see the difference in him, I have no doubt the doctor is right and I am glad he told us. It leaves us in no doubt where we should be now.

He is restless and has been prescribed medication to help him relax. OH is with him now, my son and I have been there most of the afternoon.

He is the saddest sight site I have ever seen in my life. He opens his eyes but I don't think he sees. I hope he knows my OH is there.

I have bought my son home and will now go back to sit with OH and FIL.

Say a prayer for him please.

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I'll be thinking of you all Christin, and wishing you all strength and peace at this awful time.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Cristin, I'm sorry.

It's a hard time, but strangely, just sitting quietly holding FIL's hand is calming, and will hopefully bring you comfort afterwards.

Sending prayers for peace for you all.

Love,

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time - I hope that your FIL remains peaceful.

Sox

Mar 12, 2011
Christin - I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you and all your family. Take care. Sox

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thinking of you and your FiL and family this weekend, Christin. I hope he is comfortable and comforted by your presence. X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Christin my prayers and thoughts are with your FIL, you and your family at this very sad time. However distant your FIL may seem I am sure he is comforted by your love, kindness and strength.

Peace be with you.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Christin , Am so sorry to hear about your Father - In - Law , sending my Love, Support & Prayer's to you & all the Family at this sad time

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Christin

I doubt any of us can prepare ourselves for this stage.
I wish you and you family strength over the coming days/weeks/months and wish comfort and peace for your FiL .